SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or it is that Miami seems more fast than Jacksonville. I grew up in Los Angeles and Miami reminds me of a mini LA. Jacksonville reminds me of San diego for some reason if I have a choice I would rather live in Jacksonville than Miami but I bet most people who respond to this thread, will say they like Miami better because it's faster and has south beach.

·
jimmy
2,892 Posts
I guess it ultimately depends on what your purpose there is. Miami-Dade is like 2.5M, which is where you'd spend most of your time (work to home, etc.)

they are both 2 different paces and lifestyles; both on the water; etc...

other than population, Miami also is a retail, hotel, industrial, and transportation juggernaut.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I travel to both cities often and,as jz stated,it really depends on what you're there for. I have to put my vote in for Jax, simply because it's not as crowded and the people there are a little more down-to-earth,IMO. Also, it's much more affordable and there's alot of new lfe being pumped into the downtown area. I like Miami too and there's probably more to do overall, but I'm becoming a big fan of Jacksonville.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree with that fact Miami is crowded, so it could be tougher to get ahead there just Like LA. In Jacksonville the people are down to earth seem more nicer than Miami for some reason like I said Miami reminds me of a mini LA.
But thats the hollywood influence some people act like they a star or something because of the hollywood celebs that live there. If you look at the two cities they are similar in that hollywood mentality. Thats why I say I rather move to Jacksonville than Miami.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
soulbro move to JAX then.....Miami won't miss you.

·
Registered
2,994 Posts
actually if your a single women miami is a good place for you, miami has more men than women.(i think, im not sure)

·
Registered
8,783 Posts
The Mad Hatter!! said:
actually if your a single women miami is a good place for you, miami has more men than women.(i think, im not sure)
MAD Uptown Hatter :hi: , lol, your killing me, :angel1:

Okay, rethinking here, It was the National anthem singing in spanish that got to me, I'm Italian, and IF I Sang The Star Spangled Banner in Italian and wanted to hear it at the start of every football game, other languages would be against it, So that's why I got pissed !!!,
Okay now !!! Long live the way my grandparents had to learn English in the Country we call the United States of America. :hm:

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Chuck, you should really rethink your position on hispanics, the military and immigrants. That post sounds really ignorant.

Also, according to the 2004 census there are 92.9 males to every 100 females in Dade county. More women than men.

·
Registered
8,783 Posts
brickell said:
Chuck, you should really rethink your position on hispanics, the military and immigrants. That post sounds really ignorant.

Also, according to the 2004 census there are 92.9 males to every 100 females in Dade county. More women than men.
Brickell :) , my friend, look at my last post now on this Put down Thread again, that I thought would never come up , to always knock the other cities down again, It should have been Abolished please, Redone !!!

Its done the right way , and I do love all my fellow americans no matter what language they speak, and only , I mean Only the american Indians are the real natives of this country,

We are all Immigrants here, and only the American Indians did have the right to this land before we took them over !!!

and that's a Fact !!!, and No lie. :cheers:

Jason, I suggest you close this thread and delete it , please.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Jason, I suggest you close this thread and delete it , please.

I thought this was a great thread until race and genders were thrown into it...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.