Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1048 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm sorry ... no intention to be critical. Even a 3rd year student can do better rendering. One of the most important tools to present a project in architecture is a graphic.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I enjoy reading ur critical comments. :)

so what buildings (either built or under construction) in Jakarta, if any, do you rate highly?
Hi bahar .. thx for the enjoyment. well, actually, it has been a quite long time that i didn't go back to Jakarta, my sweet home town. I also do not know most of the buildings' name in Jakarta. What building that I rate highly .. mm .. first of all, I really love our Soekarno-Hatta International Airport. Especially with its traditional design exterior and interior. It's unique, symbolic and very welcome. From the air, we can see the view that it forms a tropical flower where the airplanes take part in the concept of architecture. From the plan, we can see that the planes as the pollens of the flower.

taken from Bluesky's thread: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=308454

For the high-rise building is Wisma 46. When I was very young, I looked at this tower as a quill until one of my friend, who is an architect, told me that the design based on an airplane going up to the sky. Well, this tower has become a symbolic icon for Indonesia.

Looking up to the tower

For the good-imitating building, I probably like Da Vinci Tower but not the whole body. I only like the facade of the lower part. I like the material too, they must have used the concrete. It's a very nice polished concrete so that it can look like an unpainted wall. It might be very expensive.

Look like a European cathedrale church mixed with some old English governmental building. -_-"

Another one that you might not like it. But it found that this tower is very interesting. I don't know the name of this building. Anyone? This building looks like a superposed books and I like the plants which gives some refreshment to the building and its environment. Today's architects and developers (even worse) think only the luxury.

Anyone know this building?

Nice to know you Bahar. :)

·
Registered
597 Posts
For the high-rise building is Wisma 46. When I was very young, I looked at this tower as a quill until one of my friend, who is an architect, told me that the design based on an airplane going up to the sky. Well, this tower has become a symbolic icon for Indonesia.
i think wisma 46 is more like a quill..
i remember a lot of people call it 'menara pena' before they call it wisma 46.. :)
can you tell me which part that symbolized 'the airplane going up to the sky',, i'm curious,,:?
and wisma dharmala, if i'm not mistaken, the construction is based on an Islamic symbols,rite?
btw, welcome to the forum tuingtuing :cheers:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, I thought tat it symbolised a quill too. A friend of mine is a superior architect and he told me tat it was actually designed based on a plane. Mmm .. I think, i'll try to ask some friends who are working recently wif DP Architects in Singapore to get the answer.

ps: I WILL TRY. So, if they can't get the answers. I'm sorry then ... :)

·
hardcore
323 Posts
I think the perspective on the rendering doesn't look quite right... hmmm... Does anybody else have other renderings of this building? Cus it looks interesting :)

Where is it at btw?

1 - 20 of 1048 Posts