SkyscraperCity banner

881 - 899 of 899 Posts

·
Maintenant ou Jamais
3,825 Posts
As time goes by,the design will become more irrelevant and outdated.....

·
Registered
1 Posts
is there still hope for this project??or new update??

Not sure when it is due for completion but I've been past the site a few times and it is definitely under development. I remember the groundbreaking for the Signature Tower taking place late last year around October iirc.

·
Registered
451 Posts
^^ The project is underway, already groundbreaking. However, progress is very slow due to the instability of Indonesia's economy, both office, and retail space. Also because of Jakarta's zoning laws which hamper ST being greenlit by the local government. The road separating Lot 5 (Pacific Place) and Lot 6 (Signature) hasn't been transformed into a plaza. Lot 6 is currently used for the mobile office of a contractor building a residential complex nearby. Indonesia will have to settle with the 330+ m Thamrin Nine Tower 1 for now.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
No offense but Jakarta really should have other priorities...it's literally ultra-luxury mall on one block, slum the next

As if this tower was built by government funding :nuts:

If the developers find it suitable to construct this tower by tomorrow, then it shall be done. The government has always greenlighted this project and given it the infrastructure backing that it needs (water supply, electricity and mass transit within the SCBD area). It’s all up to the developers at this point.

·
Registered
258 Posts
No offense but Jakarta really should have other priorities...it's literally ultra-luxury mall on one block, slum the next

As if this tower was built by government funding

If the developers find it suitable to construct this tower by tomorrow, then it shall be done. The government has always greenlighted this project and given it the infrastructure backing that it needs (water supply, electricity and mass transit within the SCBD area). It’s all up to the developers at this point.
Well there lies the problem, I would be reluctant to invest in a mega tall if the government doesn’t have a real plan for the area, having water electricity and a mass transit means nothing to the future value of my investment.

I don’t know what other plots of land are going to be, there isn’t a centerpiece, no integrated development plan

·
Registered
52 Posts
Well there lies the problem, I would be reluctant to invest in a mega tall if the government doesn’t have a real plan for the area, having water electricity and a mass transit means nothing to the future value of my investment.

I don’t know what other plots of land are going to be, there isn’t a centerpiece, no integrated development plan
Hm.. well the area that you see on the renders above is actually developed by a private entity and not the city government.

What westlondonbloke is trying to say to you is that the government had always been there in providing utility and other needs to the SCBD (Sudirman Central Business District) area which is the name of the development and has no much input on how the area would be developed.

The big block on the center of this development has always been reserved by SCBD's developer for the Signature Tower which they envisioned to be the centerpiece of the SCBD complex.

881 - 899 of 899 Posts