SkyscraperCity banner

881 - 900 of 911 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
is there still hope for this project??or new update??

Not sure when it is due for completion but I've been past the site a few times and it is definitely under development. I remember the groundbreaking for the Signature Tower taking place late last year around October iirc.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
^^ The project is underway, already groundbreaking. However, progress is very slow due to the instability of Indonesia's economy, both office, and retail space. Also because of Jakarta's zoning laws which hamper ST being greenlit by the local government. The road separating Lot 5 (Pacific Place) and Lot 6 (Signature) hasn't been transformed into a plaza. Lot 6 is currently used for the mobile office of a contractor building a residential complex nearby. Indonesia will have to settle with the 330+ m Thamrin Nine Tower 1 for now.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
No offense but Jakarta really should have other priorities...it's literally ultra-luxury mall on one block, slum the next

As if this tower was built by government funding :nuts:

If the developers find it suitable to construct this tower by tomorrow, then it shall be done. The government has always greenlighted this project and given it the infrastructure backing that it needs (water supply, electricity and mass transit within the SCBD area). It’s all up to the developers at this point.

·
...is the art of space
9,332 Posts
^^If it's really going to be built so they should change the design ...the current one is awful :nuts:

·
Registered
275 Posts
No offense but Jakarta really should have other priorities...it's literally ultra-luxury mall on one block, slum the next

As if this tower was built by government funding

If the developers find it suitable to construct this tower by tomorrow, then it shall be done. The government has always greenlighted this project and given it the infrastructure backing that it needs (water supply, electricity and mass transit within the SCBD area). It’s all up to the developers at this point.
Well there lies the problem, I would be reluctant to invest in a mega tall if the government doesn’t have a real plan for the area, having water electricity and a mass transit means nothing to the future value of my investment.

I don’t know what other plots of land are going to be, there isn’t a centerpiece, no integrated development plan

·
Registered
57 Posts
Well there lies the problem, I would be reluctant to invest in a mega tall if the government doesn’t have a real plan for the area, having water electricity and a mass transit means nothing to the future value of my investment.

I don’t know what other plots of land are going to be, there isn’t a centerpiece, no integrated development plan
Hm.. well the area that you see on the renders above is actually developed by a private entity and not the city government.

What westlondonbloke is trying to say to you is that the government had always been there in providing utility and other needs to the SCBD (Sudirman Central Business District) area which is the name of the development and has no much input on how the area would be developed.

The big block on the center of this development has always been reserved by SCBD's developer for the Signature Tower which they envisioned to be the centerpiece of the SCBD complex.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
SIGNATURE TOWER
Upon completion, the 113-story Signature Tower will be the tallest building in Indonesia and one of the tallest in the world.

PROJECT DETAILS
Project Partners
Smallwood, Reynolds, Stewart, Stewart & Associates, Inc.
Owner
PT Grahamas Adisentosa
Completion Date
Area
360,000 m²
Height
638 m
Number of Stories

HIGH SEISMIC ZONE NEEDS PERFORMANCE-BASED DESIGN
The 113-story Signature Tower will be built on lots six and seven of the Sudirman Central Business District (SCBD) in Jakarta. The 360,000-square-meter project has an observatory at the top level, 25 levels of hotel space, 70 levels of office space, a 10-story retail podium with a conference center, ballroom and restaurants, and six levels of basement parking. Upon completion, it will be the tallest building in Indonesia and one of the tallest in the world.
We are providing structural design services to Smallwood, Reynolds, Stewart, Stewart & Associates, Inc. for the 638-meter tower.

HIGHLIGHTS
  • The building is located within one of the most active seismic zones in the world.
  • Classified as Seismic Design Category D, Signature Tower presents great challenges to engineers because of high seismic reactions and extremely soft soil conditions.
  • The primary lateral system includes a composite core wall, composite super columns, steel outrigger trusses and steel belt trusses.
  • The exterior mega frame includes nine steel belt trusses, six steel floor trusses and composite super columns.
  • We used performance-based design to evaluate the building performance under different levels of seismic hazard to achieve an efficient and safe structure.
^^ Source: Signature Tower | Thornton Tomasetti

Thank you for the update @dis dis :D
This is known to be the last updated information about the project, currently a quarter of the site has been transformed to a garden :( No signs as of yet

881 - 900 of 911 Posts