901 - 920 of 920 Posts

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,258 Posts
Reactions: Danisw

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
^^ Not dead, on-hold. But still not on the ground-breaking stage yet AFAIK. A portion of the land currently used for the mobile office of an ongoing construction project in the area.

·
Yes, that is my face~
443 Posts
Sinking because people in Jakarta so greedy, keep pumping out artesis well water unregulated, draining down the whole city
In the defense of the citizens, it's the only clean water they can use since the rivers that cross Jakarta are so polluted that they are rendered undrinkable.

·
Registered
117 Posts
In the defense of the citizens, it's the only clean water they can use since the rivers that cross Jakarta are so polluted that they are rendered undrinkable.
Seriously? Polluted by whom. Citizens.

Look, artesis needs to be heavily regulated everywhere. And they could get water from PDAM companies, and conserve. Yet the greedy Do Not want to conserve. And they paid the price, and destroyed Jakarta for the future kids

·
Registered
326 Posts
How is this still a proposal? Sure it looks nice but it isn’t a realistic proposal for Jakarta right now. Also Jakarta just got it’s first supertall a few months ago, it needs a little bit more development before it’s appropriate to build this thing
Gurl why do you speak (or write) like a grandma giving advice to her granddaughter named Jakarta lmao.
Like the supertall you spoke of as well as hundreds of other skyscrapers nearby, this one is (if ever) being built by a private company in Jakarta, not by Jakarta. Those companies don't give a damn about what you or anybody thinks about when is the appropriate time to build a certain building in the city. They'll build it if there's demand and they have the $$$.
That being said, I don't think there is a demand for this thing currently in Jakarta.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Gurl why do you speak (or write) like a grandma giving advice to her granddaughter named Jakarta lmao.
Like the supertall you spoke of as well as hundreds of other skyscrapers nearby, this one is (if ever) being built by a private company in Jakarta, not by Jakarta. Those companies don't give a damn about what you or anybody thinks about when is the appropriate time to build a certain building in the city. They'll build it if there's demand and they have the $$$.
That being said, I don't think there is a demand for this thing currently in Jakarta.
i do not write like a grandma I was just giving my opinion

·
Registered
78 Posts
Isn't that his point? Your reasserting his point, after trying to overturn his point, so you can introduce the same point, that is his original point. Cool.

"Those companies don't give a damn", well that implies to the hundreds of failed megatall projects here, except for 4 of them. They all end in the same manner, running out of money, overexpectations, corruption, and sheer arrogance. I would say this is another example, like the Rama, like the Jeddah, like the Pentominium. It just seems like the developers can't just read, ey?

Jakarta just had their first supertall and now a megatall proposal? That's a dangerous leap. There is a reason why specific cities like Kuala Lumpur and New York are very reliable on their proposals, because they just don't dream, and they have extremely rich financial support, with social standards far higher, I'm stating this again, far higher than other counterparts. No offense, Jakarta looks glamorous alright, but it has a slum, it's like Manila without cathedrals. When you have a bloody slum in a city that's supposed to be your richest region, then your proposals are as worthless as the Zimbawean bills. I just feel this project tried to emulate PNB118, albeit Kuala Lumpur lacks the slums, and failed horribly because it's still a dream.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
IMO, KL had megatall in early 1990, built by government. I mean, KL office demand on that periode, perhaps not ready yet to absorb all level of first megatall. Even on economic peak periode, KL megatall doesn't in a good occupancy. No wonder with the second and third megatall. And the lates megatall, again, endorse by government. Jakarta more realistic. It's not about amount of money. It's about willing. Spending 1,5 bilion dollars for first megatall in Jakarta is tiny mini for government of Indonesia, according to mega projects across Indonesia, built by government, so many in double digit bilion dolar cost. I mean, Jakarta choose a normal way, built megatall only by private developer, and only base on market demand. Signature Tower running in this way

·
Registered
78 Posts
IMO, KL had megatall in early 1990, built by government. I mean, KL office demand on that periode, perhaps not ready yet to absorb all level of first megatall. Even on economic peak periode, KL megatall doesn't in a good occupancy. No wonder with the second and third megatall. And the lates megatall, again, endorse by government. Jakarta more realistic. It's not about amount of money. It's about willing. Spending 1,5 bilion dollars for first megatall in Jakarta is tiny mini for government of Indonesia, according to mega projects across Indonesia, built by government, so many in double digit bilion dolar cost. I mean, Jakarta choose a normal way, built megatall only by private developer, and only base on market demand. Signature Tower running in this way
KL never had a serious megatall proposal until PNB118 in early 2013. I think you meant supertalls (300-600m). Occupancy in KL slipped to 86 percent in later years. Jakarta around 84.
It's been 11 years. PNB118 spent 3 years from the launch of the initial proposal to the start of construction.
11 years is a lot.

·
Registered
58 Posts
While waiting for this tower to happen, might I suggest the project owner to change the design of the tower and the complex its getting a little bit outdated...

901 - 920 of 920 Posts