SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 5562 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from www.myindonesia.co.nr

Well, to be honest, I don't know, but in fact, we do have a need to have at least one track for superfast train, Jakarta-Surabaya for instance, or Surabaya Bandung, or Medan - Pekan Baru. Those cities need a new injection to boost investment, money turnover, and tourism.

The question is, how much money we need to develop those tracks? Not much...it's much lesser than the money we've been wasting for GODDAMN pemilu and Pilkada (I dont need this gooddamn democracy) . I'll tease u a bit on this later, meanwhile, enjoy these pictures.

Japanese Shinkansen

Chinese Maglev

France TGV

errr.....Indonesian Taksaka

Just post away, guys

·
Registered
222 Posts
^^
i don't think that indonesia ready for that kind of masterplan.
better focus on the infrastructures and trans-highway first
till one day highway is over-capacity that it is the time to built bullet train
:D
prob 2025
:)

Just Opinion

·
7,167 Posts
I think, its still long way to go, unless they build elevated railway accross the Java island. but dont u think its very expensive to build that thing? train expert here?

cheers

·
Obsolete User
35,063 Posts
^^ I know most of us wont agree (only) to pay expensive for bullet train speed :D

I better take plane for competitive price with various airlines and frequent schedule :cheers: ... Especially, for intercity destination in SUmatra, which is just TOO FAR ....

Medan-Pekanbaru itu ada hampir 500 km kayaknya :D, bisa bangkrut negara kita bangun yang gituan. Bangun Jakarta-Surabaya / Jakarta - Bandung aja mungkin belum tentu FEASIBLE ENOUGH.

·
7,167 Posts
^^

Let see, if the ticket price arranged from 500K to 1Million, for 3 hours trips from surabaya to Jakarta, people with frequent flyer might take it. considering, the train will stop in downtown jakarta and surabaya. But above that price range, I doubt it.

IMO, The cheapest airline ticket will be around 300-400k from Jakarta to Surabaya, plus you need to pay Airport tax and Taxi (this, if you a tourist) or Bus. That total, will cost you more than 500k for airline trip.

I think, we'll see a demand if the bullet train tickets are in between 500k-700k rupiah, which i think, unlikely considering the huge amount of investment in this kind of project. Unless the government will subsidize this fare. :nuts:

Bear in mind guys, this discussion is just a feasible study from us :)

Cheers

·
SSC Indonesia
4,590 Posts
^^ Considering the benefit and cost, bullet train is more suitable to be built for short and busy routes such as Jakarta-Bandung, Semarang-Yogya, Balikpapan-Samarinda, etc...

For longer route like Jakarta-Surabaya it's difficult to beat the airline travel time and fares, especially considering low return caused by limited price affordability with the high investment on the project (bullet train should be built on viaduct for safety reason).

So I agree, if we develop bullet train just for the short routes. Imagine it's only take less than 30 minutes from Jakarta to Bandung, no cars can beat that. Even this is almost equal compared traveling with plane, but with higher frequency and cheaper cost than plane.

Afterall with higher demand, the ticket price can be reduced as low as possible. Therefore, this could be the best travel option in terms of time and money.

·
jicky jicky jicky
706 Posts
Plus, it's not whether we can afford it financially, but can our society "afford" it mentally? Ever heard vehicles breaking through rail crossing? People around throwing stones toward the trains just for the sake of nothing?

PS:
Actually to built such system will require a damn great cost, still. We need to provide whole new rails through the perimeter because almost all of our tracks still use old skool narrow gauge (1067 mm width, comparing with standard gauge of 1435 mm like being used forn Shinkansen) but I heard that the newly constructed tracks in Aceh are using the latter one. Not to mention to get the superfast locos, wiring network & other infratructures as well...

·
Registered
8 Posts
Taksaka isn't so bad I think...
But in all of Indonesian mind...
"Transportation via road(bus, private car, angkots) is better than using a train"
It's clear when we see big cities such as Jakarta, just few people using train as a commuter. And in Jakarta there isn't any Rail-MRT in operation right now...

·
unavailable
40 Posts
I'm wondering... Sejauh ini, kereta yang ada di Indonesia (kereta dengan kecepatan yang ada saat ini) dah sering terjadi kasus anjlok sampe termiring2 bahkan ada yang terguling... Bayangkan aja kalau sebuah bullet train tiba2 anjlok! bisa2 tu kereta guling-guling dah... Kasihan kan ma penumpangnya.. Sebaiknya sih perbaiki dulu infrastrukturnya, juga perlu ditangani kasus2 pencurian bantalan rel yang sudah sangat memprihatinkan disini... Gak lucu kan ntar uji coba perdana bullet train di Indonesia ternyata relnya ga ada...

·
HRH Prince of Woles
13,306 Posts
^^ emang masih ada yang mau nyolong beton ????

·
Registered
10 Posts
i think that not good idea for built a bullet train taksaka, it would better if we repair and replace the old railway ex deutch and buying new locomotive that have higher speed to reduce and if posible to realize what PT KAI wont "ZERO INCIDENT" program at KAI, reduce the travel time.
it'a most better than we built that stuff but the otherhand the traditional train still have great record of accident

·
retro.ari
545 Posts
di palembang ada loh kereta keren kayak gitu..
buka deh thread nya palembang.
kereta khusus mahasiswa UNSRI.
dari palembang ke indralaya.
:)

·
HRH Prince of Woles
13,306 Posts
masih jauh banget dari bullet train bro..

bulet iya, tapi bukan bullet :D

·
Registered
259 Posts
bullet train sounds a little overreaching. amerika yang negara maju aja ngga punya, apalagi indonesia? lompat berapa generasi teknologinya? mending jangan muluk2, pake teknologi konvensional aja, yang penting keretanya fungsional, bersih, ramah-penumpang, bisa diandalkan, dan kecepatannya reasonable. perhatikan juga kualitas stasiun (jangan bobrok, kotor, dan ketinggalan jaman) dan rel keretanya, jangan sampe sering kecelakaan. kalo bisa gitu aja gw dah seneng deh....

1 - 20 of 5562 Posts