SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 2369 Posts

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Joko posted these pics ages ago in the Proposed thread, however I will repost them here with pics of the construction site I recently took (Mid-February 2005)

It appears that they ahven't started construction....the skeleton of the cancelled Westin Hotel project still hasn't even been demolished yet.

·
Registered non-User
7,358 Posts
:eek: What a radical design. Very interesting, i like it... Glad that they will continue with building a Westin. True, they have yet to demolish the abandoned initial structure.

·
Fir3blaze
918 Posts
I love the glass surface...and the fact that it's uneven makes it looks better i think. Can't wait to see it at night, just like in the illustration

·
Registered
230 Posts
I just learnt today that the Westin will consist of Westin Hotel (1-25th flr); service apartment (26-28th fl) and residence/strata title (29-40th fl). It's quite tall, isn't? It will be the only Hotel on Thamrin St having residence (another one is coming up within Grand Indonesia Hotel project).

Btw, from the rendering, the building doesn't look tall.

M

·
0 Posts
It is nicer than the canceled project design. I like it. It is about time for Starwood to have a property in Central Jakarta.

·
Skyteam Platinum Elite
2,509 Posts
Hi Guys , are you telling that they finally build the Westin Jakarta hotel ?
by the way i ve just returned frm the Big Apple and stayed at the Westin Hotel on Times Square . The Starwood group has indeed a marvellous hotels .

·
Registered
431 Posts
but airaingboy quoted "I just learnt today that the Westin will consist of Westin Hotel (1-25th flr); service apartment (26-28th fl) and residence/strata title (29-40th fl). It's quite tall, isn't? It will be the only Hotel on Thamrin St having residence (another one is coming up within Grand Indonesia Hotel project)" on one of the posts below.. so which one is it? :bash:

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oops , you're right. in that case, it may contain the hotel after all.
Just that its always been marketed as 'Westin Residences' (=apartments) rather than hotel.

·
Dangerous User
9,787 Posts
cool design but do you notice that the design of the building almost look the same as PEARL GARDEN APARTMENT (check out my threads)

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
627 said:
does this mean that they havent started constructing this piece?
yes, I don't they have judging from Joko's recent sudirman park pics (you can see it in the background).

·
37,990 Posts
so, which is the official design?

·
Registered
431 Posts
i mpretty sure that the fi9nal design is the glassy one..

im guessing that joko posted that picture to imply that it still hasnt started construciotn, and that it still is as it was on the third of october

·
Dangerous User
9,787 Posts
627 said:
i mpretty sure that the fi9nal design is the glassy one..

im guessing that joko posted that picture to imply that it still hasnt started construciotn, and that it still is as it was on the third of october
confirmed the glassy one

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
here are renderings of the OLD design.

THE WESTIN, JAKARTA

Developer : PT. Wisma Kartika
Rooms : 550 bays
Storeys : 40
GFA : 93,000
Remarks :

Artists Impression Computer Rendering

Architect's Design Narratives:

Our mission as designers for the Westin, Jakarta, is to create a world-class development for the city that reflects the prestige and character of both the client group and the hotel operator. Located on a prime site in central Jakarta, the complex will become an important part of the city's urban fabric as it forms a gateway between the old and new city centers.

The architectural image of the hotel will be of prestige and elegance, with the exterior elevational treatment expressing a "classic, yet contemporary" interpretation of the colonial style so prevalent in many of Jakarta's beautiful historical buildings. The loggia and podium will be clad in a cream-colored French limestone with black and gray granite highlights, satin stainless steel and brass trim, and over-scaled, vertically-proportioned expanses of glass set within finely detailed frames. The guestroom tower will expand on this architectural vocabulary through the implementation of vertically proportioned facades of architectural precast concrete panels and a carefully crafted combination of vision and spandrel glass. The tower will culminate in a dramatic and visually powerful crown, providing the development with a distinctive landmark on the city skyline that will be dazzling in the daylight and dramatically luminescent at night.

Btw does anyone know if it has started construction???

1 - 20 of 2369 Posts