SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Urban Monk
2,828 Posts
peseq.. it will be good if you can complete the map with all 14 busway lines... and maybe put current jakarta commuter train into it as well hehehehe

*sounds like a very hard work to do*

Anyway... anyone know what kind of ticketing system Jakarta BRT and MRT will use? Onelink or distance based or.... ?

· Urban Monk
2,828 Posts
I mean... later when MRT is finished. What will happen when we get off the MRT at one of interchange station and hop on to a BRT? Has it been announced what kind ticketing yet?

· Urban Monk
2,828 Posts
Here in Melbourne we buy ticket for time, not distance.
Eg. If you buy 2 hour ticket, you can use tram, bus, trains as many time as you like. They all owned by different company. The government basically setup up few operators for tram bus and trains. And another operator for the ticket.
It is very convinient (but a bit tedious sometime hehehe)

· Urban Monk
2,828 Posts
Well.. public transport is handed to private operator now
First, they scrapped the tram conductor
Result: lots of junkies in the tram, vandals etc.
The train service now always delayed or cancelled
People been yelling to government to take over the public tranport management back

Funny to see things in Aussie where government can do better than private companies
The exact opposite things happen in Indonesia hehehe.

· Urban Monk
2,828 Posts
LOL!
Its not surprising they are like that!
Many of them choosen for their position not because of they have the necessary skills and experience. But this family.. that family.. that friends.. this friends.. bla bla bla.

· Urban Monk
2,828 Posts
I tried that busway once. Very very fast. Up to 100 Km/h speed. The route start from city until a shopping center in suburban. The bus can run on normal road and guided rail as above. Once the bus enter the rail, a special wheel will control the steering, become automatic bus!

I was hoping transjakarta busway will be build like this. But now I think it is impossible.

This is my personal observation and conclusion: In Adelaide, those guided rail is located inside isolated space, far from people etc (most of them inside parks, above waters). At first I thought it was for beauty. But then I realize it was for safety. Imagine a bus that run at 100Km/h and somehow a rock is in the path. A train will easily crush the rock. Bus is not as heavy as a train, so it might jump, causing derailment.

· Urban Monk
2,828 Posts
light train (tram, MRT) will require more expensive investment in infrastructure and rolling stock.

busway track might look expensive but no need for overhead cables, signalling etc. track maintenance is simpler, no need for special balast train etc. station can be just a bus stop. rolling stock is normal bus with simple modification.

oh, adelaide does not have an MRT system. their commuter train train still diesel not electric. their main public transport is bus network. so busway can be easily intregated to existing system.

they do have light rail in form of tram, it goes from central to the beach. the tram looks like the old Jakarta tram.

· Urban Monk
2,828 Posts
hum... not really. tram usually run on normal streets. thus, like busway, they use part of road for themselves. so, in a way, it promote traffic jams. but because usually there is no barrier between tracks and roads, due jams, cars enter this part of roads and blocking trams. this usually happen during peak hours. but of course, public transport like this promote people not to use cars - but in practice, it is not always happens.

joko, those melbourne trams is the old stocks. the new one much nicer and faster. some of the new one even 5 carriages long!! :eek2:

· Urban Monk
2,828 Posts
If you take the free city circle tram, you will pass docklands area. That is a massive new development. And you should see Eureka tower, the highest aparment in the world - still under construction.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.