SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The town was founded in 1652 by Ebba Brahe, the widow of the military commander Jacob De la Gardie, and was granted city privileges by Queen Christina of Sweden. The Swedish name literally means Jacob's City or Jacob's Town. The town was founded at the old harbour of the parish Pedersöre and this name lives on in the Finnish name of the municipality, Pietarsaari.



Town Hall



Jakobstad Fire Station. An exact copy of the Stockholms Stadion. Both buildings are by the same architect, Torben Grut and built during the same year.





FF Jaro









Södermalm

















 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top