·
Registered
8,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Japan MPs want war photos removed
By Hu Xuan (China Daily)
Updated: 2007-06-13 06:53
http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2007-06/13/content_892830.htm

picture:people hold portraits of relatives, Chinese victims of Japanese atrocities during World War Two, as they protest outside Japan's embassy in Beijing May 31, 2007. [Reuters]

Some Japanese parliamentarians will launch a league today asking China's war museums to remove photos that show the atrocities committed by Japanese troops during the War of Resistance Against Japanese Aggression, Kyodo News said.

The group, believed to be led by veteran conservative lawmaker Takeo Hiranuma, plans to urge China - through diplomatic channels - to get rid of what it calls "unjustifiable" photos "which are faked to help foster anti-Japanese nationalism" and "constitute barriers to the two countries' rapport".

It is absurd that some Japanese politicians still refuse to face up to the country's past crimes, said Jin Canrong, a researcher at Renmin University of China.

The request for the removal of the photos, important evidence of the Japanese aggressors' war crimes, is simply another attempt by "revisionists" in Japan to whitewash the past Japanese military atrocities, said Jin.

Japan's warmongers who inflicted untold suffering on neighboring nations should forever be condemned, he said, noting that the photos served as a strong reminder to anyone visiting the museums that such crimes should never be repeated.

The display of photos is a reflection of a genuine respect for history, and is not intended to incite hatred, he said.

Mutual trust is possible only when the past is squarely acknowledged, and concrete actions of true repentance are carried out, he added.

The launch of the Japan parliamentary league was initially planned for January but was delayed because Hiranuma, an independent member of the House of Representatives, suffered a stroke in December.

(China Daily 06/13/2007 page2)

·
中華民國
2,804 Posts
Not only are they whitewashing their history in their own country, they now want to do it in China too?

·
Registered
48 Posts
The nerve of that Japanese dickhead!!!! How can they ask Asians to forget when when they haven't fully apologized for the catastrophies they bought upon us Asians!. They are much worse than the Germans,at least the Germans put the Jews in a much more Humane Gas Chambers to die! but us? Our grandfathers was beheaded inside their own homes,Our houses became death chambers,women are raped all over Asia. Children all thrown into the air and catched with a bayonet. People are slowly being tortured to death. Yet they didn't even have the balls to accept their mistakes. COWARDS!! :puke:

If Europe has a utter respect to the Germans as of now,It simply because of the pragmatic approach that the Germans did to their neighbors. Last month victims of forced labot at Nazi Camps was compensated and an apology was given. Can the Japanese to that? How can they deny the existance of their damage if Almost all of East Asia has shouting victims of their abuse. What is fake is the Japan's so called nuclear victims,and severely altered numbers of "Hibakusha" to justify their sufferings as a war reparations. Let me tell this to every Japs who read this! Your governemnt have fed you with lies! Hibakushas do not exist and Sadako Sasaki is one ugly kimono clad mascot,and a make believe figure!!!

Those Japs can forget and teach their schoolchildren with false stories but I grew up with stories from my grandparents on how life was for them during the war and its the same story that I will pass on to my children and grandchildren and I will make sure that each of my descendants will never forget how their ancestors have suffered...

·
♥사랑해요♥
658 Posts
Don't blame nor insult japanese people for this. They are not barbarians (in fact, if japanese are barbarians, everybody else are too). Tell me why to blame people who did not even born in those years.

Something different is what their politicians are... Some of you here act exactly in the same way as when you complain about the westerners talking about chinese.

Once again, I have to say here that you just can't worth people due their politicians.

This is one of the reasons I hate so much japanese politicians. Because they are offending chinese people, but also, because they are giving a bad image of japanese people.

And yes, even if you want to cry because of that chinese girl dead, there are far more agressive pics. I saw some years ago a TV documental about a japanese soldier talking about what they did during WW (even cried in the TV), and it showed really really agressive photographs.

But you just can't look at those pics now in 2007 and say "Let's nuke them, let's kill those barbarians" because it is very unfair. Some brainwashed chinese want to see Japanese as those horrible barbarians, but if you really have been in Japan, you'll notice they are not barbarian at all. And most of japanese people know the true about second world war. I might get taugh whatever at school that I have my own views about history.

Let's protest against the politicians, as we all do, and not about the people, that in most of cases, they do care about their works, studies, buying a PS3, going to the cinema friday night, etc.

·
Registered
12 Posts
The funy thing about Japanese and this country is the logic behind this strange nation, if i did some bad horrible things in the past , and now i forgave and forgot it, then the victims SHOULD forget and forgave too!

even WII have finised 60 yrs, the Germany still feel guilt and express their sincerely sorrow about it. now looking at these Janpese, they even didnot admit they have evaded and done tons of bad things to its neiboutd

·
♥사랑해요♥
658 Posts
The funy thing about Japanese and this country is the logic behind this strange nation, if i did some bad horrible things in the past , and now i forgave and forgot it, then the victims SHOULD forget and forgave too!

even WII have finised 60 yrs, the Germany still feel guilt and express their sincerely sorrow about it. now looking at these Janpese, they even didnot admit they have evaded and done tons of bad things to its neiboutd
You seem to not know the japanese at all. You act like those westerners that believe they know a lot about china but that actually they don't. I have not met ANY japanese person who denied what happened during WW2 (and I've met tons of japanese people).

One thing is not forgive, not forget. But something different is to blame the wrong people, and not forgive people who actually have nothing to be forgiven, because they born in 1980 or 1985.

·
My Heart is with Beijing.
1,737 Posts
What makes a "democratic and free" nation to deny this. Why this insulting remarks are tolerated, why those politicians are elected, or I should say "favored". Just think of it. If it is not by their nature, what is the reason otherwise? I just couldn't find a reason for that. People pretending to be nice because of confucious tradition doesn't really mean they ARE.

·
♥사랑해요♥
658 Posts
Then, we should also talk about "Chinese nature" when we talk about Chinese Gobernors acts (that btw, they also denies a lot of things...)?

Democracy is something so... how to say it... It's so FAKE. People also told me Americans are like George Bushes, when actually not.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You seem to not know the japanese at all. You act like those westerners that believe they know a lot about china but that actually they don't. I have not met ANY japanese person who denied what happened during WW2 (and I've met tons of japanese people).

One thing is not forgive, not forget. But something different is to blame the wrong people, and not forgive people who actually have nothing to be forgiven, because they born in 1980 or 1985.
the logic behind all nations in this planet expcet Japan is like this, if you did very bad thing to other, like raping, stealing, ... and you cannot just forgave and want the victims forgot you just because you decide you are good now!

criminals cannt never force the their victims to forget them, this is the universal laws,japanese!

you Japanese kill millions of innocent people, and you still deny it. do you think you japanese are logic and civiliezed nation?

what's the point behind this---i raped you, and now i decided to forgive myself, and you,the victim , must forgave me!

honestly, ALL Japanese are barbaric, if they show they are good by now, that's just because they havenot find good chance to show their barbaric yet..

·
♥사랑해요♥
658 Posts
^^ Chinese gov't doesn't represent Chinese people. They are not elected by the people.
This is a demagogic point, and you know it.
I think you don't understand what really democracy is :lol:

Most of people that elect one or other politician, they do it because the politician says "Our party will improve budget for public transportation, we are gonna improve health care, etc..."

Spanish current ruling party was elected by spaniards. Now, our prime minister believe we must talk with terrorist and make stupid deals, instead of oppress them all. It is right to say what the Prime minister does is what anyother spaniard would do? So what our prime minister does is a reflect of all spaniards?

If you think so as I see you think about the japanese, is that you don't know about democracy.

·
My Heart is with Beijing.
1,737 Posts
^^ Don't educate me on democracy. I know what it is.
But did you see any, again, any Japanese people stand out after this incident saying "this is wrong we should not force the Chinese to forget the truth"?
Anyone? Those so call civilized people just remain silence. No? I assume those people are free to express their opinions in Japan am I right or wrong?
If like you said the majority admit the truth then they just simply don't give a damn care then you tell me what they are thinking?

·
♥사랑해요♥
658 Posts
the logic behind all nations in this planet expcet Japan is like this, if you did very bad thing to other, like raping, stealing, ... and you cannot just forgave and want the victims forgot you just because you decide you are good now!

criminals cannt never force the their victims to forget them, this is the universal laws,japanese!

you Japanese kill millions of innocent people, and you still deny it. do you think you japanese are logic and civiliezed nation?

what's the point behind this---i raped you, and now i decided to forgive myself, and you,the victim , must forgave me!

honestly, ALL Japanese are barbaric, if they show they are good by now, that's just because they havenot find good chance to show their barbaric yet..
YOu see this issue in a sensationalist way. Criminals cannot force their victims to forgive them, obviously! But the real thing now, in 2007, is that you are calling criminals the wrong people. My japanese friends didn't raped million of chinese nor deny what happened in 2WW.

Maybe in china you do, but since when children get brainwashed by their teachers? Oh, and since when children remember a thing of what they was told when they studied history? :lol: They just want to pass an exam.

Japanese know the truth and don't deny it. And if you've met japanese people, you'll notice. Other thing is if you want to cover your ears and so, get beaf and just listen at what Japanese politicians say.

·
Registered
12 Posts
This is a demagogic point, and you know it.
I think you don't understand what really democracy is :lol:

Most of people that elect one or other politician, they do it because the politician says "Our party will improve budget for public transportation, we are gonna improve health care, etc..."

Spanish current ruling party was elected by spaniards. Now, our prime minister believe we must talk with terrorist and make stupid deals, instead of oppress them all. It is right to say what the Prime minister does is what anyother spaniard would do? So what our prime minister does is a reflect of all spaniards?

If you think so as I see you think about the japanese, is that you don't know about democracy.

yeah, German is elected democractically by its people too.

what's the point of democractic?

·
♥사랑해요♥
658 Posts
^^ Don't educate me on democracy. I know what it is.
But did you see any, again, any Japanese people stand out after this incident saying "this is wrong we should not force the Chinese to remember the truth"?
Anyone? Those so call civilized people just remain silence. No? I assume those people are free to express their opinions in Japan am I right or wrong?
You are right. But in any case, when Japanese do that, you chinese don't look at them anyway.
Last time there were an incident like this, there were japanese who went to the streets bashing their own gobernors. I remember a video of an extremist japanese being booed and being taken by police because of throwing stones to the crowd who were supporting chinese people with this issue.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.