Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 2552 Posts

·
SSC addict
423 Posts
thanks for the pics! ive always found japan's railways fascinating. especially the pics of normal trains. unfortunately i havent had the chance to try it out ....yet ;)

·
Welcome to the Rail World
4,671 Posts
Cantonese said:
... Sorry, that looks awful... 0o I hate it when they try to use the train itself as a blasted billboard. Piss off.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
^God forbid that private companies who run the vast majority of Japan's urban train lines can't make a profit somehow. You get what you pay for, ya know...

·
4,671 Posts
Rail Claimore said:
^God forbid that private companies who run the vast majority of Japan's urban train lines can't make a profit somehow. You get what you pay for, ya know...
Not at all what I was saying, of course they should make money off advertising space, but I don't think they should pay for it by damaging their own image. Stations, railside advertising, advertising in tunnels in the case of subways (Ginza line in Tokyo did a really cool example of such a while ago) are great ways of advertising, and to an extent video monitors (small ones if in trains), those are good forms of advertising, but using the train as a billboard is just tacky. That looks like a kindergardner's train.

·
4,671 Posts
ignoramus said:
Do all JR trains feature LCD & LED screens in its carriages?
No. All newer models generally do, yes, but there's still some pretty old rolling stock on the tracks, and will be for a while. Some of the old rolling stock is also classic and worth keeping around for the iconophy they hold. Lines like Chuo and Tokaido in particular.

1 - 20 of 2552 Posts