SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
A world in a world city.
1,091 Posts
Discuss all the extreme height visions for Tokyo that came up over the last 60 years.

X-SEED 4000: World’s tallest tower will house 1 million people

If the enormous, 13,000 ft (4965 meter) X-Seed 4000 structure ever gets built in Tokyo - it will win the worlds-tallest-building competition hands down and leave its puny competitors in the dirt.

Looking eerily like Mt. Doom in the above rendering, the mountain-like X-Seed 4000 represents a utopian eco-vision for a self-contained high-rise city in the Tokyo harbor - powered mainly by solar energy. Aesthetically inspired by nearby Mt. Fuji, the behemoth building would measure 13,123 feet tall with a 6 square-kilometer footprint, and could accommodate five hundred thousand to one million inhabitants.

Designed by Taisei Construction Corporation as an “intelligent building,” the futuristically-named X-Seed 4000 would maintain light, temperature, and air pressure in response to changing external weather conditions.

Unlike conventional skyscrapers, the X-Seed 4000 would be required to actively protect its occupants from considerable air pressure gradations and weather fluctuations along its massive elevation. Its design calls for the use of solar power to maintain internal environmental conditions. Some estimate that the cost to construct the X-Seed 4000 structure may be somewhere between US$300-900 billion.

We’re not saying it’s impossible, but for now, X-Seed 4000 seems like more of a utopian vision for contemporary green urban planning than a viable design solution.

The Shimizu TRY 2004 Mega-City Pyramid is a proposed project for construction of a massive pyramid over Tokyo Bay in Japan. The structure would be 12 times higher than the Great Pyramid at Giza, and would house 750,000 people. If built, it will be the largest man-made structure on Earth. The structure would be 2,004 meters (6,575 feet) high and would answer Tokyo's increasing lack of space.
The proposed structure is so large that it cannot be built with currently available materials, due to their weight. The design relies on the future availability of super-strong lightweight materials based on carbon nanotubes.
バベルの東京タワー/Tokyo Tower of Babel/10000m

# Project Name: Tokyo Tower of Babel
# 提案 者: 尾 岛 俊雄 早 稲 田 大学 教授 Candidate: T. Ojima, Waseda University, Professor
# 提案: ブラジル 環境 サミット (1992 年) Proposal: Brazilian Environment Summit (1992)

# 建设 场所: 东京 Construction Location: Tokyo
# 地上 高: 10,000 メートル height above ground: 10,000 m
# 居住 人口: 3000 万人 resident population: 30 million
# 建设 费: 3000 兆 円 cost of construction: 3000 trillion yen
# 建设 期间: 100 ~ 150 年 Construction period: 100 to 150 years
# 基 底部 面积: 110km ^ 2 Basal area: 110 km ^ 2
# 総 床 面积: 1700km ^ 2 Total area: 1700km ^ 2
# 钢材 使用 量: 10 億 トン Steel consumption: 10 billion tons

Japan Plans To Build The Tallest Structure Ever - 4000 meter high!

Tower Nikitin - Travusha 4000 (draft) - one of the tallest skyscrapers ever designed. Its estimated height of 4000 m The project was developed in Japan in the 1966-1969 years in CNIIEP them. BS Mezentseva team under the leadership of the Ostankino television tower, Doctor of Technical Sciences NV Nikitin and chief engineer, candidate of technical sciences VI Travusha. The project was started August 9, 1966 to order a Japanese company (owner Mitsusiba).

The structure was designed as a four-story steel mesh tapered bearing shell. The height of each layer was 1000 m basal diameter of a skyscraper - 800 m lower base of the tower project was a cylinder of height 100 m, which is part of the first tier. The foundation was designed prestressed concrete. The construction of the skyscraper was designed taking into account the maximum possible value of hurricane winds and ceiling earthquakes in Japan.

According to the draft tower Nikitin - Travusha was supposed to be a residential building and could accommodate up to 500,000 people. A draft of life support systems of a skyscraper, including ventilation, electricity, water and other utilities to a height of 4,000 m

Upon receipt of the preliminary conceptual design and engineering calculations, the Japanese side reported on the preliminary agreement, Kenzo Tange to participate in the architectural design of a skyscraper chetyrehkilometrovogo. Further work on the project ran into organizational problems. State Committee for Construction of the USSR refused to send a request to the Japanese, NV Nikitin, a business trip to Tokyo. By September 1967 the Japanese side has a detailed elaboration of design a skyscraper. Work on the project was halted in January 1969 after being summoned to the Japanese side to reduce the calculated height of the tower.

Draft Towers skyscraper Nikitin - Travusha has similar elements to the design of the proposed project in Japan skyscraper X-Seed 4000.

·
always lost
530 Posts
it's just a concept building, no-one has ever seriously suggested it would get built. not in my lifetime, anyway.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
Waaah, I hope to live in that building once I reach my retirement. So I hope that it gets built within my lifetime (hopefully).....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Those are pictures from 3 different project's. X-seed , skycity and the third dont remember the pyramid shaped.

When ur posting something try to search if something wasnt posted.

·
A world in a world city.
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all for your feedback... I'm a noob - what do i know? I saw the info and decided to post it here to see what you guys think...

I posted it on other forums and some poor suckas think this will be built; i'm gona update my posts there and see if they want to invest in it... :lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
as i saw skycraper forum,i carefully watched japanese cities photos as japan is devoloped country its cities are compare to america or europe or even south americans cities not looks good, too many consisted areas cut to cut constructions except nothern japans cities (sapporo sandai etc.)cities should be look beautiful to its status.

·
••• Yo ♥ Dominicana •••
3,689 Posts
Wow...I really can't believe that will be a big one in the world! It's awesome. :)

1 - 20 of 63 Posts