SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a student currently studying in Japan Im very disappointed with Japanese people who are famous for being kind and polite to everyone. I hate any generalisation but I can say the majority of Japanese people look down on Asians. Hard to say but it`s the truth. Asians who are studying and working in Japan understand really what I mean. The majority of Japanese people judge people not on their heart or intelligence but solely on their looks.
I still remember when I was attending a foreign student welcome party, every students were called up to the stage, Asian students including me did not get any applaud from the Japs audience but our Western fellows got their huge fans. And in the student-exchange programme the Spanish team drew huge crowds and applause but not we Asians. What`s happening with the Japs ? If you visit any cities in Japan, you will see many shops named after English, German, or French words and not any of multilingual Asian languages.
I know that Japan has the best technology in the world ( no doubt about that ) but it doesn`t mean that you can show your wealth off.
Japanese celebrate Christmas but they never celebrate Eid or Chinese New Year. And if you watch Japanese TV most presenters always, without any careful thoughts , use the words ` handsome`(hansamu) or `beautiful `(kawaii) to describe people. And also there are many damn Western magazines trying to spread stupid statistics e.g. Japanese gals prefer Western guys than those of Asians.

It`s very very disturbing that Japanese have neglected their fans and please their competitors. I`m happy that now with the rise of China , Asians know whom they should worship.

·
Tears of Buddha
1,421 Posts
Whenever I go to E.Asia and SE. Asia, I feel that the people there admire Westerners only, never Asians.
Skyprince said:
I`m happy that now with the rise of China , Asians know whom they should worship.
We all are fed up with such political statement by Chinese themselves.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Skyprince said:
As a student currently studying in Japan Im very disappointed with Japanese people who are famous for being kind and polite to everyone. I hate any generalisation but I can say the majority of Japanese people look down on Asians. Hard to say but it`s the truth. Asians who are studying and working in Japan understand really what I mean. The majority of Japanese people judge people not on their heart or intelligence but solely on their looks.
I still remember when I was attending a foreign student welcome party, every students were called up to the stage, Asian students including me did not get any applaud from the Japs audience but our Western fellows got their huge fans. And in the student-exchange programme the Spanish team drew huge crowds and applause but not we Asians. What`s happening with the Japs ? If you visit any cities in Japan, you will see many shops named after English, German, or French words and not any of multilingual Asian languages.
I know that Japan has the best technology in the world ( no doubt about that ) but it doesn`t mean that you can show your wealth off.
Japanese celebrate Christmas but they never celebrate Eid or Chinese New Year. And if you watch Japanese TV most presenters always, without any careful thoughts , use the words ` handsome`(hansamu) or `beautiful `(kawaii) to describe people. And also there are many damn Western magazines trying to spread stupid statistics e.g. Japanese gals prefer Western guys than those of Asians.

It`s very very disturbing that Japanese have neglected their fans and please their competitors. I`m happy that now with the rise of China , Asians know whom they should worship.

I agree with you but what is important is to understand why they have this behavior. I think the main reason is that they are afraid...afraid of foreign and afraid to be badly judged from the other asian...I think they have this kind of complex but freankly I think Japanese people is very kind and polite!

·
Tears of Buddha
1,421 Posts
Skyprince, you'd better go back to your country right now.
Cause, it's so obvious that you'll never study anything from your 'Japs' teachers and friends because of your hatred.

BTW, are you really staying and studying in Japan now?

·
Celebrity Fitness
1,552 Posts
coldstar said:
Skyprince, you'd better go back to your country right now.
Cause, it's so obvious that you'll never study anything from your 'Japs' teachers and friends because of your hatred.

BTW, are you really staying and studying in Japan now?
don't be so harsh on him.he just said the truth.i have the same feeling about this issue too.

·
Tears of Buddha
1,421 Posts
Well then,
Are you staynig in Japan in order to be loved by the girls or to be a super star in this country? Too optimistic, frankly.

Whether you're accepted by the Japanese here or not, it's all up to you.
He who is generous and sincere and has brave soul is always admired everywhere in the world.

·
Registered
6,406 Posts
We're not discussing this kind of topics at the forum, we all know how they tend to end up, don't we?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.