·
Banned
10,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Japanese Dress
Kimono

This is a type of kimono known as Yukata that many people wear

Samurai
Samurai are the ancient warrior class of japan, the samurai bushido still influences many aspects of japanese life today! My family was a samurai clan

Shinto shrines
Shinto is the native religion of japan!
this is shinto tori

Buddhist temple

Japanese garden

Japanese art
Japanese art was one of the first art forms in the world to express many emotions and it greatly influenced art in the west!

Traditional festival(matsuri)

Japanese traditional music..do you know?
Sakura Sakura, this is a folk song that most japanese people know and love
I hope people can enjoy our traditional music...it is kind of 'dark' compared to other parts of the world. Here is the same song but with modern instruments.

Japanese ceremonial court dance+music(music is known as gagaku)

Japanese theatre
This is Noh...it is the oldest stage performance art in the world!!

I hope that you can enjoy my culture!

·
This not your barrio, ese
El chanate vengador
5,997 Posts
Beatifull, a word not good enough to describe Japanese culture.
My town (Mazatlan, Mex.) use to had commercial/cultural
trade with Nippon, those good old days (XIX century) has
gone, but you can still can find bloodlines (lastnames & faces)
of our Japanese colony.
I hope you have more time to display your heritage! more
pics, more video, more everthing please !

·
Banned
10,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sorry for not having the time to update this thread, maybe i will do it later. Thanks for the comments everyone!

Here is one more traditional japanese thing

Akomeogi

The folding fan was invented in Japan in the 8th century and taken to China in the 9th century. The Akomeogi (or Japanese folding fan; 衵扇; Hiôgi) originated in the 6th century. These were fans held by aristocrats of the Heian period when formally dressed. They were made by tying thin stripes of hinoki (or Japanese cypress) together with thread. The number of strips of wood differed according to the person's rank. They are used today by Shinto priests in formal costume and in the formal costume of the Japanese court (they can be seen used by the Emperor and Empress during coronation and marriage) and are brightly painted with long tassels.

·
Registered
141 Posts
In Japan, we've changed so much favorite taste for both genders as much as we've accostomed to foreign customs and changed a skill of makeup even their body flames dynamically.
Now, woman trends have moved from a mature woman to more skinny like an europian fashion model and younger woman which is a quite unique point compared to other countries.
I guess, at the last picture of Japanese woman wearing traditional costume is not hot nowaday, but also you can consider there's nothing problem because if you look at by what is like
a historical beautifull woman, she is kind of perfect. You can find how Japanese has changed. In addition, women wearing traditional traditional costumes like the picture are
good entertainers and have another virtue from modenizm.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I like Japanese gardens and temples, they look very cool. The more historical/traditional stuff in Japan looks a lot better than some other stuff in Japan. The Buildings and Trains are bland, but functional, IMO :).

·
Banned
10,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
^^

:applause:
Some traditional like music

I like the song in beggining video"gion kouta"
To bad video is short

The last 2 songs are more modern

This is a japanese shinto wedding
Nowadays most japanese get married western way :(

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.