Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Site of a new Turkish Built Multi-purpose Stadium right on Jaziira Beach, Mogadishu. I will personally be monitoring this project and updating SSC on its progress, inshallah

·
Registered
802 Posts
Wow i love jaziira beach infact i prefer jaziira to the much fancy liido.Evolving what kind of stadium is this football? very interesting.jaziira xeebteeda dadka maa kuu badno lakiin waxaan kaa cabsanaa hadda madaama oo Somalida diaspora soo wadda noqonayaan in ee liido camal noqoto lol.su aal kale garoonkaan mid lowcost ah miyaa misse waa something like stadio konis?masha Allah walalaha Turkiye will never be forgotten.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow i love jaziira beach infact i prefer jaziira to the much fancy liido.Evolving what kind of stadium is this football? very interesting.jaziira xeebteeda dadka maa kuu badno lakiin waxaan kaa cabsanaa hadda madaama oo Somalida diaspora soo wadda noqonayaan in ee liido camal noqoto lol.su aal kale garoonkaan mid lowcost ah miyaa misse waa something like stadio konis?masha Allah walalaha Turkiye will never be forgotten.
Same here. Jaziira Beach is my personal favorite.

The stadium will be multi-purpose complete with running tracks, soccer field, basketball, & volly-ball. It's going to be the most modern in Somalia after its done, unless Stadia Konis & Stadium Mogadishu are renovated seriously. The Turks are pretty serious about it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes and they already played a tournament there, I believe.
But the Stadium is not complete though, by a long margin & there are all sorts of heavy equipment in the site, with a pictorial rendition of what it will look like when it's done. I was inside a car when I took that picture, so I couldn't capture everything; but inshallah will take complete pictures when I go back after Ramadan.

·
Registered
967 Posts
EvolvingPrimates said:
But the Stadium is not complete though, by a long margin & there are all sorts of heavy equipment in the site, with a pictorial rendition of what it will look like when it's done. I was inside a car when I took that picture, so I couldn't capture everything; but inshallah will take complete pictures when I go back after Ramadan.
http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/mo...ament.aspx?pageID=238&nID=26089&NewsCatID=365

Btw, where did you see the pictorial rendition? I'd like to see it

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
967 Posts
EvolvingPrimates said:
I see where you coming from. The Stadium itself is not completed. That tournament was held in an open field that will eventually become part of the stadium complex.

I was in Mogadishu & I personally saw. I didn't read it anywhere
Oh I see. Do you got any information about when it going to be completed? It looked as if it wasnt started yet in the picture.

When did you visit Mogadishu ?

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh I see. Do you got any information about when it going to be completed? It looked as if it wasnt started yet in the picture.

When did you visit Mogadishu ?
No, 99% of the work is not done. So far only the equipment has been moved in. I suspect some of the sub-contractors are Somalis & they are lacking behind. I hope they finish this stadium & the children's hospital within next year. These two projects are some of the most ambitious in Mogadishu so far.

I frequently visit Mogadishu & I am slated to be back after Ramadan

1 - 20 of 58 Posts