Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is jaywalking common in your N American city? Virtually every pedestrian here does.

Cheers,
Chris

·
Banned
1,781 Posts
heck yes i do all the time

·
Banned
4,572 Posts
yeah, people do it all the time. God, I wish I could hit the jerks. Snotty yuppies and ghetto thugs......man that would a fun day behind the wheel taking these clowns out.

·
Lord of the Ring
887 Posts
ReddAlert said:
yeah, people do it all the time. God, I wish I could hit the jerks. Snotty yuppies and ghetto thugs......man that would a fun day behind the wheel taking these clowns out.
now now kiddo, stop playing GTA for a while and return to the real world. :jk:

·
Banned
2,098 Posts
Yes, very common in Chicago! But gotta watch out where you are driving at, some jaywalkers are very gutless, try to drive in WEST SIDE of chicago and you will know what I mean! :runaway:

·
Banned
4,572 Posts
didu said:
now now kiddo, stop playing GTA for a while and return to the real world. :jk:
lol. I wish I lived in GTA world...because lots of people would be gettin the ass whoopin'. My teammate got his car stolen tonite, if I was to find the theif.....Moltolov Cocktail right through their window!

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
I jay walk all the time if it saves me time, the only time i use the crosswalk is when ill save more time doing that like when there is heavy traffic or something i usually do that with a bike too.

·
BANGED
772 Posts
It's common in many cities I've been to: Vancouver, Toronto, Seattle, Portland, SF, LA, SD, LV, NYC, Chicago, Orlando, Miami, St. Louis, Detroit, Atlanta, Louisville, Columbus, DC, Philly to name a few.

·
Neanderthal
956 Posts
dhuwman said:
It's common in many cities I've been to: Vancouver, Toronto, Seattle, Portland, SF, LA, SD, LV, NYC, Chicago, Orlando, Miami, St. Louis, Detroit, Atlanta, Louisville, Columbus, DC, Philly to name a few.
I don't see nearly as many people who jaywalk in the Northwest as East Coast cities.

·
Banned
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thank you for your answers.

It's interesting to see out of the cities listed in that sentence some messages above that jaywalking's common, because my many days in many of them revealed only five to ten percent of kerbside crossers stepping across their roadways. Maybe I should've put my question like 'is no jaywalking uncommon in your NA town?', coz here only exceptionally slow walkers are the crossers remaining kerbside, you know what I mean?

:sleepy: I'm just remembering a reason I thought of late Winter, being right-hand turns at red traffic lights having always been prohibited on L'Ile de Montréal Island (the prohibition was lifted from the rest of the province just a few years ago). Plus I'm recalling how unsettling it was crossing the streets in all those other cities where red traffic lights don't instruct motorists to remain stopped (plus what business was it of the pedestrians' there to become preoccupied with glaring at me?!?) --- err, I think :clown: I'm answering my own question, although I am still interested in learning what other cities over here......

Cheers,
Chris

1 - 20 of 22 Posts