SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Come on!
851 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Emaar unveiled it's latest project in Jeddah, the Jeddah hills project. The SR42 Billion residential project is designed to be a green scenic integrated urban community for 20,000 homes. The community is divided into 24 villages, each featuring a full set of amenities such as shops schools mosques parks etc..

Sounds like great care has been put into the urban planning. I'm looking forward to this.

http://www.emaar.com/MediaCenter/PressReleases/2006May9.asp

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
wow that great news ,i wander when thay lounched about nkhel project there many bord and emmar's flag around old airport

·
Banned
48 Posts
Dubliner said:
Seems interesting. Btw how hot is Jeddah? Is it as hot as the other gulf countries ?
actually the western hejaz area has cooler temperatures then the gulf, the most hot in Jeddah it goes to 45 degrees, just east of jeddah its gets even cooler because of the mountians

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
i hope thay planing to building more useful project
i wander why they build villa for one family and thay can exasting tower in same block 50 floor for 100 familes...........am i right???

·
Registered
448 Posts
Saudi guy said:
i hope thay planing to building more useful project
i wander why they build villa for one family and thay can exasting tower in same block 50 floor for 100 familes...........am i right???
I don't think that residential towers are welcome in Saudi Arabia. Towers there are usually for business use

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
WE REALY NEED TOWER some times i think they cant decide the corect plan ,now one family have 7 boy's and girls in avrege, let see if there 500,000 family soo 500,000 x 7 =3,500,000 son's /2 =1,750,000 boys and 1,75,000 girls and they are maride
in finaly we have 1,750,000 new family

·
Registered
872 Posts

Emaar Middle East unveils US$11.2 bn Jeddah Hills community in Saudi Arabia
Author: Property World Middle East Wednesday, May 10, 2006 at 10:08
Rating:

• 2,286 hectare city to feature 24 residential villages, commercial and retail amenities
• 20,000 residential units on offer; units will go on sale from the first quarter of 2007

Emaar Middle East (EME), a joint venture between UAE-based Emaar Properties and Saudi-based real estate company Al Oula Development, announced the development Jeddah Hills - a SR 42 billion (US$11.2 billion) community located in the port city of Jeddah.

The development marks the second major foray into Saudi Arabia for Emaar Properties, with the massive 2,286 hectare Jeddah Hills project following the announcement of the SR 100 billion (U$26.6 billion) King Abdullah Economic City in December last year.

At a signing ceremony in Riyadh, HRH Prince Mishal Bin AbdulAziz AlSaud joined Emaar Chairman Mohamed Ali Alabbar and Al Oula Chairman Suliman Al Muhaidib to explain the vision behind the landmark project.

Nearly 20,000 residential units – a combination of townhouses and single homes – will be on offer, alongside commercial and retail facilities. Homes range from 500 sq. m. to 1500 sq. m. and will offer larger, scenic, home lots not commonly available in Jeddah. Residential units will go on sale from the first quarter of 2007.

“Jeddah Hills is truly a unique project. It shows us how development can take place in a manner which is harmonious with nature and yet offers a luxurious luxury living environment. Set between 70 and 90 metres on a hilltop, Jeddah Hills offers spectacular views over the surrounding landscape towards the Red Sea, North Jeddah and the Mountains in the East,” said Mohamed Ali Alabbar.

He added: “Jeddah City offers a new option in Saudi Arabia and joins the first phase of our plans for expansion in the Kingdom. There is more to come from Emaar and plenty more for would-be owners and investors to look forward to. Emaar is determined to confirm its position as one of the leading real estate companies in the world while delivering top quality homes to our customers and unprecedented returns to our shareholders.”

Al Oula Chairman Suliman Al Muhaidib said the use of strong, community oriented planning principles and ideally located amenities of the Jeddah Hills development will make it easier for residents to interact more, enriching their lives by the exchange of culture, insight and support.

“Jeddah Hills aims to set a new standard in luxury living by creating a variety of lifestyle choices set in a distinct natural environment,” Al Muhaidib said. “Emaar has once again proved its capabilities as a visionary in the region.”

The Jeddah Hills community is made up of 24 residential villages, each featuring a broad spectrum of community amenities arranged in a hub-and-spoke model. Included will be shared areas such as large parks, recreation spots and schools on the outer edges and community facilities such as mosques, healthcare services and village squares at the centre.

The villages, each measuring 45 hectares or 465,000 sq. m., are connected by a network of internal streets and external thoroughfares, public green spaces, community lakes and additional public amenities including playgrounds.

“The roads, traffic and public transportation networks in Jeddah Hills have been carefully planned to ensure as much access and as few inconveniences as possible,” Alabbar explained.

Landscaped areas and parks are also positioned between the various village communities to provide maximum advantage for all residents.

A typical village, according to Emaar, will house 750 residential plots, a local mosque, primary and secondary schools and essential amenities including clinics, police, post office, civil defense and municipality services. All amenities, including the transport network, will be within a five-minute walk of all residents.

The integrated transportation plan and network of public open spaces have been fine tuned to ensure maximum pedestrian access and a true sense of community, Alabbar said.

“We want to foster an exchange among people, and between the people and the environment they live in,” he said. “Facilitating ease of movement and a safe, secure, distinct and memorable community is the best way to do that.”

Emaar’s innovative offering of self-contained, amenities-rich communities have created lifestyle options that have been the first choice for many investors. The integration of schools, health facilities, parks, landscaped environs and retail centres within master-planned golf, equestrian and marina themed communities has proven to a big attraction for the home buyer.

With joint ventures and projects covering Saudi Arabia, Syria, Egypt, Morocco, Turkey, India, Pakistan and now Tunisia, Emaar is taking its winning formula first conceived in its home base Dubai to the rest of the world.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts