SkyscraperCity Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
3661 - 3680 of 18673 Posts

·
whitest boy in the delta
14,691 Posts
^^ at least the prince himself said : 63 months from now !! .So, now it doesn't matter .. I just wanted to know if there are a big staff working by the pics ..
i wouldn't put my hand into the fire for that statement. big projects like these are always optimistic with the time and always have some little or bigger problems in the time. it's not avoidable, something unexpected always happens, even if it is just bad weather for some time, or a delay from firms. there is always something. :cheers:

Reactions: ChuckScraperMiami#1

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
^^ Nakheel Tower has been being build too and we all know how did that end.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yes Patrykus, true.. I have seen the Nakheel Site... But...Jeddah will be a succes!

^^ Nakheel Tower has been being build too and we all know how did that end.
Patrykus, I saw the Nakheel site with my own eyes during my Dubai vacation... Just sand, there was absolutely nothing....

But now the good news! I have seen the Burj Khalifa, went to the top and it was just AWESOME! If you add at least 200 meters to the BK the result is breath-taking. I am convinced Jeddah Kingdom Tower will indeed surpass the Burj Khalifa, currently the most beautiful building on the planet. For all members of the forum... Come to Dubai and see it yourself. Standing at the bottom of the Burj, looking up 828 meters it's incredible. WOW.. Dubai is the greatest place on Earth, until Jeddah Kingdom Tower is completed. In 2018 I'll be in Saudi Arabia that's for sure!

·
Registered
25 Posts
^^ +1 actually the first one was a model for the (Cladding Wind Pressures, Structural Wind Loading on both the tower and the spire, Aeroelastic Effects, Sky lobby study and a Supplementary Damping System Concept Design Tests) taking in consideration the foundations design.
Fundamental research before building can start.. The foto's appear to be a windtunnel, but the tower is a bit tall in relation to the wind-tunnel walls. A better way of testing is a huge windtunnel with large horizontal and vertical separation to the object to be tested. If the wind-flow comes in at low subsonic speed (mach 0.1-mach 0.3) the induced turbulence will cause unwanted interaction between the windtunnel walls and -in this case- the to be tested scale model. This interacts with the measurements on the scale-model. The ideal situation is this: Laminar flow along the tunnel walls, turbulent flows along and over the scaled version of the Jeddah Kingdom Tower. Equipped with strain gauges to measure deformation (producing an electric signal) and transducers to measure pressure differences, researchers cab put up a realistic 3-D simulation of the winds on the real tower. Latest meteorological research indicate there might be an elevated risk for hurricanes near Jeddah due to global warming and shifting weather patterns. So it will be wise to make Jeddah Kingdom Tower hurricane-resistent.

The Tower will be of stunning beauty when completed in 2017!

·
Vigilant Citizen
1,422 Posts
Here is the reason this WILL get built, it is being funded by a multi Billionaire who is the prince of Saudi Arabia! CASE CLOSED

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Patrykus, I saw the Nakheel site with my own eyes during my Dubai vacation... Just sand, there was absolutely nothing....
What you haven't seen is foundation which indeed has been (at least partially) done. Nakheel Tower is the best example anything can happen to a project, but still for a time being, I am very positive about Kingdom Tower's future.

·
whitest boy in the delta
14,691 Posts
Nope, 5 years = 2012 + 2013 + 2014 + 1025 + 2016 ;)
yes 5 years that means that 2016 is also counted and it is being built in 2016, which means it will be finished in 2017...

3661 - 3680 of 18673 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.