SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
5061 - 5080 of 18660 Posts

·
Rooftop Shooter
1,003 Posts
Ha, Just figure out about this building today.... 3,000 FEET?!?! Is that REALLY necessary?

It's a shame they couldn't go taller :lol: I guess there is a small chance it could go a little taller... We shall see :cheers:

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,855 Posts
:drool: amazingly tall

·
Damien McBarron
641 Posts
Off Topic Alert!

Perhaps, One day, (in my lifetime if I'm lucky, cough!) There will be a structure that puts 'The Next is taller than the Current. Until The Next come along" to rest.

Such as the concept of The 'Space Elevator'. A Structure in Geo-Stationary Orbit connected to The Ground by a Super-strong wire serving as the spine of The Elevator. Technically, that would become the tallest Structure in The World........

·
Skyscrapers to the stars
972 Posts
A comparison of 1WTC, Burj Khalifa, and Kingdom Tower in NYC.
Nice, for some reason, it actually makes the Burj Khalifa and Kingdom tower seem smaller than I expected!:nuts:
Based on the SSP diagrams, I think the Burj Kalifa might be a little bit small.
nice comparison though:)

·
Registered
705 Posts
this is the only proof that a 1km tall building is under construction?:nuts:
Soil testing and pre-pylon drills to prep the site.

Next they pound the pylons in, then they excavate, then they begin with the lowest foundation and columns. It's kinda like compacting pizza dough into a a tray so you have a snug fit once you begin placing the rest of the ingredients on top of it.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Weird a under construction project that does not have photos . It makes you think.
The various reasons for the lack of photos have been gone over many times. A literal handful have site access and one person who posts here has occasional access, so photos will be not many for a while.

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
Soil testing and pre-pylon drills to prep the site.

Next they pound the pylons in, then they excavate, then they begin with the lowest fo undation and columns. It's kinda like compacting pizza dough into a a tray so you have a snug fit once you begin placing the rest of the ingredients on top of it.
Nope soil testing has been done around two years ago, test piles a year ago. Now they are working on foundation piles, we've seen pilling rigs on Rody's last update.

·
Banned
472 Posts
4Gb is really too tight, even 8Gb is not good enough. I went for 16G recently and i'm satisfied now.
Get the hell out! :) That's the computer hardware forums topic to discuss!

·
Registered
361 Posts
The Washington Monument.

Is that REALLY necessary to mine all that rock during The Civil War?

4GB of RAM on your computer. Is that REALLY necessary?

:lol::eek:hno::nuts:
It was stopped during the civil war. I might mention that the marble for the Washington Monument came from a quarry within 10 minute drive of where I live.

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,855 Posts
^^ i agree to some extend. a tower like that really needs something around. Even in New York they will look like a needle and dominate everything, but not as much as in other places. Quite happy that a possible Megatalls in Suzhou, Shenzhen and other cities mostly have other 400m towers surrounding them, so it will compensate for that

5061 - 5080 of 18660 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.