SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
8841 - 8860 of 18647 Posts

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
^^^^ I can See your house from the Top of the Kingdom Tower !! :cheers:

Thanks xAbdOo:), Our SSC Friendly Family Friend, !!

That's it I'm calling the SCAF and telling them to build 100s of 1k+ towers around the pyramids. Show me that smug now :tongue:

Didn't know you live in the future :laugh:
:bow::hilariousGot to Love this !! and Long Live the Kingdom Tower and Long Live the 12th Anniversary of the SkyscraperCity Dot Come World Wide Website !!:banana::apple::lovethem:

·
The-Real-Link!!
904 Posts
Made this up after a few minutes and that horizon post above.

It's not exact, of course, and I'm using miles, but I generally put the tower at the "e" in Jeddah for the closer map, and right above the white dot for the city in the larger map so positioning may be slightly off there. As was said above, we get a radius of just under 70 miles or ~110 KM for the height.

In other words, if we stood on top of KT, here's a good estimate at how far we can see.

Since we're cutting down the distance to around 600m, that would indeed appear to put Mecca / Makkah right at the edge of what'd be viewable. But since that clock tower itself is so high, I do wonder if we could see it...

But now I'm sure we can just convince the royals to build a tower 2,000m high. That might just be high enough to put the horizon as far as the landmasses of Egypt and Sudan. ^_^

·
The-Real-Link!!
904 Posts
Oh and while this is slightly OT, the US is naturally far more constrained than Saudi Arabia. Or rather, not quite as much desert. I also did some horizon estimates a bit closer to home for those of us on this side of the world, and speaking of that, the world as a stage. It's quite amazing to see how much can be seen, presuming we could get 1KM up on a platform.

·
Banned
472 Posts
Can you fellaz stop quoting multiple pics?

·
Registered
26 Posts
:eek:^^ Just look at the raft!. It is such a remarkable achievement. Think of the rebar inside of there. The whole structure will rest on this raft. Yes, I know it is really on the piles, but think of the pressure that this raft is going to face between the weight of the tower and the resistance of the piles. It is this internal engineering and design that I find so incredible. :eek:

·
I love Skyscrapers
34,025 Posts
The formwork you see at the wings aren't climbing formwork or the Doka SKE100 either. They are being held up by props and not through shear keys...
What we see until now are platforms i would say. But all the stuff they're installing on the concrete walls of the first floor will be part of the climbing system.

·
GF 117 #1, Lotte Tower #2
1,372 Posts
All the Fun aside,, this thing will be a beast if it top's out,, This Is a massive Tower,
(and like I said,,, before all the comment's), derailed this,,
If Chuck and Wally are watching this,,, It has leg's.
(Leg's mean's it's going to happen,,,)...
Let it happen!!!!!!!!

8841 - 8860 of 18647 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.