SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
9921 - 9940 of 18660 Posts

·
Rooftop Shooter
1,003 Posts
Are you implying that I should have wrote "couldn't care less"? Well, according to your diagram, I had it right. I do care about what floor it is at, just not to the degree that I would make uneducated guesses, and go back and forth with other people, who are making the same, uneducated guesses as I am. I'm somewhere around "A little" on the diagram :tongue3::banana: :cheers:

·
Banished from SSP
533 Posts
You're pissing into the wind. Saying "I could care less" as a sarcastic way to express that you don't care at all is certainly wrong, but you'll never change those who stubbornly insist on using it.

It's like trying to correct those who pronounce the "t" in "often", which is also technically WRONG! But that has become so widely accepted now, that even those people who know better and used to overlook it either as an affectation or as an over-correction (i.e. used by the less intelligent to tacitly demonstrate that they are not lazy speakers and/or know how to spell the word "often") are beginning to adopt the wrong pronunciation themselves so as not to appear "stupid".

Of course, no one who says "often" pronouncing the "t" will pronounce the "t" in the words "soften", "fasten", "hasten" or "listen". But pointing this out has become a similar situation of relieving yourself into a strong breeze. You'll never convince those who do it to change.

Will "could care less" eventually become accepted as proper idiomatic English meaning the same as "couldn't care less"? It's not as far along as the pronounced "t" in "often", but it's almost there. You might as well begin accepting it. :lol:

·
Banned
472 Posts
Will you pals quit trying to educate yourself on grammar here?

·
Marc from Rotterdam
2,349 Posts
I expect: none.
Economic feasibility of this tower has been discussed many times, also on this forum (I will not start it all over again...).

This tower is more about a vision, or a dream (or whatever you call it) of the Prince. He is very involved, which askes for much respect.
KT will be realized. Don't worry!

·
Banned
472 Posts
^^Dude, you shoud be writing something extremely important, to justify such an extensive usage of the red emphasis!!!

9921 - 9940 of 18660 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.