SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
9941 - 9960 of 18660 Posts

·
rasorio caelum civitatem
1,310 Posts
Or how about they build a comprehensive public transportation network and avoid ugly, wasteful parking lots?

I read somewhere that they are building a new rail system, but it's still in the planning stages. I also read that women aren't allowed to ride the bus. :eek:hno:

·
Registered
71 Posts
A lot of? Or, nearly all?
They can breathe only without the permission of a man.
Sorry Saudi boys, it is a reality.
Do you think this is forced from goverment , it's our culture and it's not like what you said . I agree with you There are many wrong things in ksa but also there are good things you should concentrate on it bro .

·
Banned
472 Posts
10,000 are quite low. In high-rise properties, they offer one parking place for each 50 square-meters. But that is a megatall. The parking places should be increased than any high-rise building.
I think it is about 20,000 to 30,000. The construction area is 530,000 square-meters in this project.
20k to 30k? :lol:
How about some super-simple algebra:
25k (average) for 200 floors (let's assume all of them are habitable, because there will be some leisure and retail establishments) = 125 parking places per floor! The top floors are definitely going to be owned by single owners.
Even if (!) the top floors were to be occupied solely by car collectors, we would definitely have an excess of over 15k places! (considering around 10 apartments per floor on average - like in BK)

·
Futurologist
1,561 Posts
In Wikipedia it's written: "Building up to the 12th floor as of 10-Jan-2015"
Are there so many stupid people in the world which doesn't know how to count to ten? Just wondering...

Do you guys ever think about that you still make these wrong? This is only the core, the tower will be wider. More concrete and steelwork is still to be added around the core. :cheers:

·
I love Skyscrapers
34,111 Posts
Do you guys ever think about that you still make these wrong? This is only the core, the tower will be wider. More concrete and steelwork is still to be added around the core. :cheers:
There won't be any steel floors arround the concrete structure because the whole tower will be made out of concrete. Just the cladding will be added, nothing more.
This isn't the same method as we can see at Greenland Wuhan. At Greenland Tower they'll build steel-floors arround the core, but not here.

·
Futurologist
1,561 Posts
There won't be any steel floors arround the concrete structure because the whole tower will be made out of concrete. Just the cladding will be added, nothing more.
This isn't the same method as we can see at Greenland Wuhan. At Greenland Tower they'll build steel-floors arround the core, but not here.
Then what is the point of this tower when there is almost no floor space?

·
rasorio caelum civitatem
1,310 Posts
You know what, the more I look at this, the more I think Shad is right. I think we're superimposing the structure outline over the core wrong. It should be wider.

Edit: whoever responds first gets post 10k. GL.

·
Optimist
7,311 Posts
^^ Tallest is correct. Highest would not be.

9941 - 9960 of 18660 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.