9981 - 10000 of 18660 Posts

·
The AlphaWolf of the Pack
1,748 Posts
I can't imagine Burj's reaction when the KT is 830m high :lol::nuts:

·
Super Moderator
11,079 Posts
The reason I stated that I'm not very optimistic when it comes to the completion of this tower in time is the fact that I read many reports and financial forecasts talking about the repercussion of the oil price drop we are seeing worldwide.

Forecasts indicate an even steeper drop of the oil price lower than 30$ a barrel is to be expected this year which will be followed by a very fast and unexpected rise of it which will be catastrophic and will lead to a crisis similar to 2008 and even worse, which will lead to many losing their jobs and civil unrest to rise in major countries affected.

The mentioned as well that one of the major countries that will be severely affected by this is Saudi Arabia, which is already dealing with increasing poverty issues. This will affect no doubt the progression of this tower and will put it on hold for a while.

This is what I read and watched from different sources of financial analysts worldwide.
Hopefully this will lead to a valuable discussion and not a childish and a GIF spammed one!

·
whitest boy in the delta
12,858 Posts
i think if it is over 450m or so and a crisis hits, it would be on hold, but not forever and finished a bit deayed, pushed as a project too big to fail. and that is only a big if a crisis hits in the worng region at the wrong time, even that seems unlikely, possible I agree, but unlikely.

·
boy261
112 Posts
In Wikipedia it's written: "Building up to the 12th floor as of 10-Jan-2015"
Are there so many stupid people in the world which doesn't know how to count to ten? Just wondering...

So, according to this plan with almost latest photo and due to my counting:
height from first floor is around 20metres,
from 0,0m suppose to be 26 metres
and from actual ground which stands 7,6 metres below future ground
it is actualy 33,6 metres (+some rebar and so on)
and it is 6 floors high from level 0.

·
rasorio caelum civitatem
1,310 Posts
The reason I stated that I'm not very optimistic when it comes to the completion of this tower in time is the fact that I read many reports and financial forecasts talking about the repercussion of the oil price drop we are seeing worldwide.
Prince Alwaleed bin Talal is pretty much financing this project entirely by himself, and his wealth is derived from his investment holding company. They are very well diversified, so I imagine he's insulated from the oil drop.

·
Rooftop Shooter
1,003 Posts

Forecasts indicate an even steeper drop of the oil price lower than 30$ a barrel is to be expected this year which will be followed by a very fast and unexpected rise of it which will be catastrophic and will lead to a crisis similar to 2008 and even worse, which will lead to many losing their jobs and civil unrest to rise in major countries affected.

The mentioned as well that one of the major countries that will be severely affected by this is Saudi Arabia, which is already dealing with increasing poverty issues. This will affect no doubt the progression of this tower and will put it on hold for a while.

Prince Alwaleed bin Talal is pretty much financing this project entirely by himself, and his wealth is derived from his investment holding company. They are very well diversified, so I imagine he's insulated from the oil drop.

^^Pretty much this. The prince has very little interest in oil. Probably less than 1% of his entire portfolio. Plus, he probably has enough cash and gold in his personal home safe to cover this tower. This will definitely be his biggest trophy, but it's still just a drop in the bucket financially for him. This is no Burj Khalifa :cheers:

·
Registered
4,303 Posts

This is what I read and watched from different sources of financial analysts worldwide.
Hopefully this will lead to a valuable discussion and not a childish and a GIF spammed one!
Saudi is basically behind the oil slump. They are trying to kill off their competition in Russia and U.S. and Canada. When their done oil will spurt to $200 a barrel in no time :lol:

9981 - 10000 of 18660 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.