SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
18601 - 18620 of 18660 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
...correct me if I'm wrong, but there were several other megatalls planned in China... and I see that no one of them is "under construction" in the list.
It's really surprising because the last time I visited the forum, I felt like there was an optimistic atmosphere in the world of skyscrapers... And now it seems like something has discouraged many companies to build their megatalls.
Is this related to something? Should we expect an imminent global economic crisis, or something like that?
I can only tell you about an additional one (half-joking) reason for the downturn: the developers are probably still hoping to recover their investments stuck in cryptocurrencies, only to find out that BTC will lose 50% this year, and then 75+% of what will be left of it.

W

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the club! Some extremely angry moderator forbids us to mention the reasons for the recession. If I name the exact reason, he will brig me for 2 weeks again.
I can only tell you about an additional one (half-joking) reason for the downturn: the developers are probably still hoping to recover their investments stuck in cryptocurrencies, only to find out that BTC will lose 50% this year, and then 75+% of what will be left of it.
So higher bitcoin price means higher skyscrapers and lower price shorter skyscrper :nuts: this doesnt make sence since like bitcoin was high only for 1 month and they really dont use it yet you cant pay the workers with bitcoin right?:bash:

·
Registered
61 Posts
So higher bitcoin price means higher skyscrapers and lower price shorter skyscrper :nuts: this doesnt make sence since like bitcoin was high only for 1 month and they really dont use it yet you cant pay the workers with bitcoin right?:bash:
The overall capitalization of the entire market of cryptocurrencies was trillions. 1 month of hyper-fast growths was enough for too many companies to get tempted, and to put most of the available funds in it. Now those who conceived and fueled that hype are playing a game of such scale you won't believe.

W

·
0 Posts
The overall capitalization of the entire market of cryptocurrencies was trillions. 1 month of hyper-fast growths was enough for too many companies to get tempted, and to put most of the available funds in it. Now those who conceived and fueled that hype are playing a game of such scale you won't believe.
this is international forum :bash: not evry one here speaks english as their first language :lol:

·
Registered
2,847 Posts
Please can someone update me on what's happening with this tower, is it stalled? Thank you.

·
17,425 Posts
Please can someone update me on what's happening with this tower, is it stalled? Thank you.
Yes. In fact, if anyone hears or sees anything credible, send me or another moderator a PM so we can reopen discussion. Recently there has been a lot of off topic posts having nothing to do with Jeddah or this particular project.

·
17,425 Posts
18601 - 18620 of 18660 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.