SkyscraperCity banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
18641 - 18660 of 18660 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Why is the thread active? I was just trying to not have the section dominated by SPAM.
"AMAZING!" is probably the most irrelevant message on here, so I'm not sure how you were hoping to achieve your goal.

Anyway, I have a feeling construction won't restart anytime in the foreseeable future. So sad . . .
You’re salty. So lame so irrevelant

·
Fayez
1,199 Posts
Clearly, the final height competition is the reason that this one and Dubai Creek Tower are both on hold, especially, after Al Waleed himself said "we can redesign the top and make it taller without ruining the design", he said this months ago during an interview.

So, I say better we close the thread again until construction resumes because I already see so much irrelevant and unworthy blah blah posts.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Jeddah Economic Co., owner of the proposed world’s tallest building, plans to restart the tower’s construction in a few months, said Antony Wood, executive director of the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, at the CTBUH’s Tenth World Congress, Oct. 28-30, in Chicago. JEC halted work on the structural concrete job in January 2018, when the core had reached a height of 256 meters. Main contractor Saudi Bin Laden Group was originally scheduled to complete the building this year. Only time will tell whether the project will hit its design height of more than 1 kilometer. If it does, it will be at least 172 m taller than the current record-holder, the 828-m Burj Khalifa in Dubai. Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture designed the tapered megatower with three wings and no columns. Throughout each floor plate is a series of 85-MPa reinforced-concrete walls, interconnected by link beams, according to the structure’s designer, Thornton Tomasetti.

·
descendant from heaven
88,145 Posts
Jeddah Economic Co., owner of the proposed world’s tallest building, plans to restart the tower’s construction in a few months, said Antony Wood, executive director of the Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, at the CTBUH’s Tenth World Congress, Oct. 28-30, in Chicago. JEC halted work on the structural concrete job in January 2018, when the core had reached a height of 256 meters. Main contractor Saudi Bin Laden Group was originally scheduled to complete the building this year. Only time will tell whether the project will hit its design height of more than 1 kilometer. If it does, it will be at least 172 m taller than the current record-holder, the 828-m Burj Khalifa in Dubai. Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture designed the tapered megatower with three wings and no columns. Throughout each floor plate is a series of 85-MPa reinforced-concrete walls, interconnected by link beams, according to the structure’s designer, Thornton Tomasetti.
Until then thread closed.

·
17,424 Posts
looks like everything (other than capital of course) is still there to continue the project at a moments notice. Don't know who this guy is but he seems to be there with permission. Video was posted in January. It's our first close up look in awhile.

18641 - 18660 of 18660 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.