SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
17,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SILVERMAN To Enter High-Rise Market With 41-Story Tower At 331 Marin Boulevard

[...]
Designed by Hoboken-based Marchetto Higgins Stieve Architects, the proposed development would feature 448 rental units, a 116-space valet parking garage and 5,111 square feet of ground floor commercial space.
[...]
The maximum height for the area under MGM’s regulations is 400 feet tall, but the proposed tower must be shorter as SILVERMAN is only seeking variances for utility room frontage and building setbacks. The MGM rules do not require any affordable housing be included in the project. The company hasn’t said if they will seek any abatement.
https://www.cityrealty.com/nyc/mark...marin-boulevard-set-jersey-city-skyline/15684

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Well, what do you know...they've been doing soil testing for about a week or so, including this morning, and all of a sudden when I got back this evening - one of the buildings on the site was demolished. There's still the one on Marin to go. Maybe this is moving faster than I anticipated? Selfishly I wish it wouldn't yet - it's right in front of me. But it'll definitely add to the area.

Demolished building is the little red one in the left background

(One to the right here)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Aaand the last building is gone and mostly cleared away - this is the one on Marin that used to be the smoke shop. The site is still partly being used for parking, while the demolished buildings are cleared away

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
So this appears to have started, although the sequence of events was kind of odd:

This weekend - the lot next door, 351 Marin (the Avel Autobody shop), closed and was surrounded by a fence.

Two days ago - a pile driver and dozer appeared on 351 Marin lot. Demo?

The next day - ...no. The pile driver and dozer drove to the lot next door, 331 Marin, and began what appear to be test piles there.

·
Let's Revive our Cities
2,535 Posts
Halfway decent and I hope they use a higher quality of cladding than it looks like they will.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Really depends on the materials.

In other news - this site has reverted to a parking lot, after some test piles

From the past few weeks.
6/26

6/28

7/3

7/8

7/23

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Unlike its neighbor 351 Marin, this site has gone the direction of less activity. Occasional weird bursts of (test?) piling, followed by silence. They do seem to have actually closed the parking lot now, although just to be used by contractors from across the street. They seem to have kept the parking attendant booth though, so who knows what their plans are.

From 9/5 until yesterday. Pile driver...then not (the pile driver went across the street)

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
This site is actually under construction now, after a few weeks where I thought it would just be staging for the neighboring site (351 Marin)

9/23

9/24

9/26

10/2

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
This one seems a little behind the other one, and for some reason not the exact same process for its foundation.

From the last few days - they have two pile drivers on site, but only one doing anything...but not much really, as they seem to be digging in the center and using the small drill-type driver to work on the edges

·
Registered
262 Posts
This one seems a little behind the other one, and for some reason not the exact same process for its foundation.

From the last few days - they have two pile drivers on site, but only one doing anything...but not much really, as they seem to be digging in the center and using the small drill-type driver to work on the edges

Oron- any updates coming up soon?

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
Oron- any updates coming up soon?
There haven't been many changes on site. Parts of it are being used for staging for the other site (which is partly above ground), although about a week and a half ago they dug out some more old wooden foundations.

Per the PADNA Facebook page, they were targeting sometime in December to install a crane (it appears the two sites are sharing a General Contractor, AJD).

I'll keep watching if anything changes - realistically this one appears to be at least several months behind 351 Marin and that's probably not by accident.

·
Registered
262 Posts
There haven't been many changes on site. Parts of it are being used for staging for the other site (which is partly above ground), although about a week and a half ago they dug out some more old wooden foundations.

Per the PADNA Facebook page, they were targeting sometime in December to install a crane (it appears the two sites are sharing a General Contractor, AJD).

I'll keep watching if anything changes - realistically this one appears to be at least several months behind 351 Marin and that's probably not by accident.
Nice! I actually meant in general for all the sites! It feels like it has been awhile since a whole website update

1 - 20 of 36 Posts