SkyscraperCity banner

61 - 80 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
It looks nice except the massive un-needed parking garage... You don't need a car in Jersey City.. The City should ban parking requirements for newer buildings..
Hopefully they will put some greenery or something over the garage facade

·
Let's Revive our Cities
2,556 Posts
Where exactly will the second tower go? I believe the garage is shared between the two towers.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Guess I thought of answering that question this past weekend - here is a shot of where the site is (approximately), based on this picture from nj.com

As well as the site plan from the Hudson Exchange West website (which is less clear on exactly where the towers are, but understandable enough)

The site is relatively cleared - the second tower has approval, as well as (I think) a tax abatement. So it may be starting sooner rather than later. It's within the current fenced in area right next to the parking garage, in the direction of the light rail station and the road (Metro Plaza Drive)

·
Registered
7 Posts
i really hope they do something to that ass ugly parking garage. really takes any elegance away from the building. If huge parking decks are something that cannot be avoided, I really wish the city would demand some kind of aesthetic requirement from developers in order to get approval.

·
Registered
268 Posts
i really hope they do something to that ass ugly parking garage. really takes any elegance away from the building. If huge parking decks are something that cannot be avoided, I really wish the city would demand some kind of aesthetic requirement from developers in order to get approval.
I think more buildings are going around it..

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
The parking garage will be covered up. An identical building to the first one will be attached to it

Tower will be in front of the garage

Here is a rendering from the Hudson Exchange website

·
Let's Revive our Cities
2,556 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
A bit of surprising news (at least to me) today - the second tower at Hudson Exchange has started piling.

Based on the way they had cleared out that site, I anticipated they would start sooner than later - but I haven't seen anything advertising the current still under construction building. Thought they might at least want to open that one first.

Here is a render, from the Hudson Exchange West website:

It is the tower in the back left. Should be relatively similar to the first, except facing a different direction.

61 - 80 of 118 Posts