SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
That would be pretty amazing if they're already building the second tower. Another 400+ apartments added to the pipeline for late 2018/early 2019 then.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Good news but I really hope there is some more variety. While not terrible the first two are okay, and that's it... good for the city because it's better than the oversize Metro Plaza parking lot remaining undeveloped. But I had expected more interesting from the first reports of this project, and maybe I just expected a bit more but not exactly thrilling.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Well the first two are identical. The other didn't look much different in the large render, but then again, there's time until they are built. They can change by then.

From Sunday

·
Let's Revive our Cities
2,556 Posts

·
Let's Revive our Cities
2,556 Posts

·
Registered
947 Posts
The city planning board, if I am correct, is scheduling on August 15 a hearing to approve the second tower for official construction(pretty much a clone of this first one). Saw this in a Jersey City Digs article... they also intend in this second stage to extend Warren Street and it's nice to see the beginnings of a more fitting urban street grid developing. Though at first I believe it was intended to have 12 towers the most recent piece states there will be seven buildings anchored by a large central public park/plaza and that they hope to have Shop Rite remain and anchor one of the other towers. Hopefully a few of these towers will be larger with the reduction from 12 to 7.... if they are going to incorporate a Shop Rite that tower will have to be massive to account for the square footage needed as the first planned two will have only a bit over 8,000 square feet of retail.. you'll need conservatively five or six times that for Shop Rite alone, plus I would imagine indoor garage parking area for customers to keep the street grid clear no matter what supermarket will service this new community.

·
Registered
49 Posts
^^^ Hi citybooster, Jerseydigs isn't the most reliable source for information. It's primarily a real estate marketing/hype website. The plan isn't changing much from what was approved two years ago. All that's being moved is a single tower, and they're moving it over by about 20-40 feet. You can see more details at this link:

http://www.yimbyforums.com/t/jersey-city-hudson-exchange-west-ft-35-floors/295/49

Before:

After:

·
Registered
947 Posts
Thanks apophenic... like the way the second tower will complement the first. So there will be at least one 60 story tower in the group? I do hope the others differentiate from the first two and really try something different rather than a cookie cutter tower approach.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Building 2 site

Trailers

This road, right between the buildings and the light rail, seems sort of temporary, but since it exits the parking garage I assume it will stay

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
2/19 - doesn't look like any rush to build tower 2, although there are still construction trailers in the BJs parking lot. Per my extremely scientific "lights in windows" measurement, the current building still has a ways to go to be full.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Confirming West Hudson's post, there is a pile driver here.

Assuming the city council votes to let them off the hook for the affordable units (not sure if they already did) in exchange for terminating the tax abatement, this looks like it will actually start around May.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts