SkyscraperCity Forum banner

JERSEY CITY | Provost Square | 38 + 38 + 28 fl | U/C

43K views 114 replies 9 participants last post by  Oron Zchut 
#1 ·
Morgan at Provost Square opens in Downtown Jersey City

A short walk to both PATH and light rail stations, the Morgan at Provost Square in Downtown Jersey City has opened.

The Toll Brothers Apartment Living building at the corner of Morgan and Provost streets is comprised of 417 units, ranging from studios to three bedrooms, and other amenities.

The Morgan is the first of a three-building complex that will also include a performing arts center with a 550-seat theater, ground floor retail space, a pedestrian plaza and indoor parking, company officials said.
Renderings courtesy of SLCE Architects

The first 38 story building is complete and currently leasing. The second, 28 story phase should be starting soon.

Recent photos:

Site of second building:

See less See more
#2 ·
This morning, a new fence was added on the site of the second Provost Square tower - the outer one has been there for a while, and the rest of the site was used for parking and some other construction work, either for the Morgan or for the nearby Modera Lofts. However, the half of the site with the existing warehouse was cleared and fenced off - looks like it will start construction/destruction soon.

Tough to see in this shot - the fence behind the cars is new

#12 ·
The last couple of pictures show Modera Lofts from across Warren St. The improvement they made in that building by expanding the window area is amazing. The pre-renovation building's tiny windows were old school cruel and tiny. Whenever I thought about industrial revolution labor abuse I thought about that building. What an amazing difference.

#21 ·
I thought that after the Morgan was completed the second tower to be worked on would be the second one, preserving the Manischewitz factory façade. Looks like they are going for the third one, the shortest at 28 stories if I'm correct? Passed it today and as the picture shows looks ready to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.