SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Kosova is ALBANIAN
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm thinking of going on a family vacation on either point pleasant beach or beachwood, my father's friend told him it's nice there and we want to visit. Where would you guys recommend i go on a family vacation around this area (I've been to wildwood) and where can i find more information on hotels.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
BELMAR, NJ is the best place I have been too. I am not kidding. The houses they have to rent are fantastic, the beach is nice and big, there is a pier, and all kinds of shops and things around the place. People are nice there too.

·
18,157 Posts
It sounds like you want to go to a beach in North Jersey. I'm not too familiar with any of those places.

I believe that Beachwood is on an inland bay, right near Toms River. Bays are nice, but you'd be disappointed if you went there for a real Jersey Shore beach experience.

If you're thinking about South Jersey, a lot of places are nice. Cape May has countless gingerbread Victorian houses, but it's also very quiet. Atlantic City has gambling, but it also has some very rough neighborhoods. Sea Isle City and Avalon are also nice, although one is for upper class people and one is for middle class people, and you can stick out if you're not in the one that fits you (I can't remember which is which, I haven't been to Sea Isle City in more than 10 years). Margate City, the Wildwoods (which you've been to), Ocean City, and Long Beach are nice in their own ways.

Basically, all of the Shore towns are nice. Each has its own cons (all of the Shore towns are expensive, for instance), but the pros outweigh the cons for each place. You can't go wrong with whatever you pick.

·
SoCal Hal
1,157 Posts
Hey guys, I'm thinking of going on a family vacation on either point pleasant beach or beachwood, my father's friend told him it's nice there and we want to visit. Where would you guys recommend i go on a family vacation around this area (I've been to wildwood) and where can i find more information on hotels.
I've been to Point Pleasant before. I was there February of 2005. That wasn't the best time because of the snow and how cold it was. But it still seemed like a nice place to visit. Just remember not to pump your own gas.:)

·
Registered
16,156 Posts
Rent a beach house on Long Beach Island aka LBI , it's quiet, friendly, not alot of people there , nice beaches , resturants , a small waterpark / amusement park, and the Branegat Lighthouse. My mom owns a small 2 bedroom beach house in Ship bottom , i go there for 3 weeks each summer , let my neighbors use it. Hurry up and start looking before they sell out if the already haven't!?!

·
Kosova is ALBANIAN
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the help everybody, i still haven't really looked for a place where I'm going for sure, i just wanna go somewhere on the shore. I also don't want to find something ridiculously expensive

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
the Jersey Shore is something else. Ocean Grove, Belmar, Spring Lake, Sea Girt, Point Pleasant, Mrgate, Ventnor, Ocean City and Cape May are outstanding. Avoid Long Beach island. It is not nearly as old and urban or as charming as the places I've mentioned.

·
Registered
177 Posts
is the jersey shore really all that amazing? i mean i've been to cape may, toms river avalon, wildwood, A.C, and sea isle city and i'm not blown away at all, to me delaware beaches and O.C Maryland are better price wise and fun wise.

·
Kosova is ALBANIAN
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm still looking for a place to go i'm not 100% sure where i'm going yet. If you can give me past experiences from where you've been and how you liked it i'm gonna research these other places.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts