SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Jetstar International's impact on Queensland

3264 Views 30 Replies 9 Participants Last post by  Gertzy
Let's generate some intrest on the possible developments and impacts that Jetstat International will have on Queensland.

Please express your thoughts.

Cheers,
Go NQ !
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Does anyone think that Jetstar's new International arm will fly into North Queensland destinations ? Is this the beginning of the end of Cairns airline market ?
News Just coming through...

Qantas and Air New Zealand have just signed a codshare agreement. It was stated that possible new destinations could evolve out of the partnership. Hopefully Townsville is one of those.
Well Jetstar International is taking over all of Australian's Routes, so technically it isn't the end for Cairns, but however, some routes may be dropped because of Australian's Losses.
There is talk that QF might pick up the routes from Cairns which Jetstar drop, albeit a lower frequency. There is also some discussion that the 747 may make a return to Cairns regularly, in the form of the 747-300 on some SE Asian routes.
Air NZ operates the 747-400 only once weekly, and thats been an ongoing thing.
Gertzy said:
Well Jetstar International is taking over all of Australian's Routes, so technically it isn't the end for Cairns, but however, some routes may be dropped because of Australian's Losses.
CNS-HKG has been dropped for sure. Leaves only Cathay on that route a few times a week.
well there you go, I thought that would be the one to go as, loads weren't as great in the last few months for Australian on that route.
Gertzy said:
Air NZ operates the 747-400 only once weekly, and thats been an ongoing thing.
Yeah thats right, but i was referring to QF 747's. :)
I've had hopes for some time about Jetstar flying internationally from Townsville. I remember reading in the news several months ago (around Nov/Dec 05 - January 06) that Jetstar did want to fly internationally, and was more inclined to operate from airports that already had the check-in desks, offices etc.

I hope to see flights to Singapore via Darwin (Tiger Airways has really good fares ex DRW), and AKL flights. Possibly if the flights start, it'll be twice a week in either direction. I don't think however that if it happens there will be widebody aircraft.

Do the JQ A320s have the necessary certification and ability to fly TSV-AKL? I haven't kept up with the specs, the industry changes too fast for me!!!!!!! :crazy2: :crazy:

Tango
See less See more
Sorry Wezza, didn't read the post properly.

The A320-200 can actually handle TSV-AKL, on a full load, but I don't think Jetstar would start flights to Christchurch from Townsville anytime soon.
Sorry Wezza, didn't read the post properly.

The A320-200 can actually handle TSV-AKL, on a full load, but I don't think Jetstar would start flights to Christchurch from Townsville anytime soon. But if they started flights to AKL, Then flights maybe a possibility.
Call me a skeptic but i can see jet star ultimatley failing and going bankrupt. It's happened here before and it's happened many times in the US.
I would love to see a CHC-CNS or CHC-TSV come about. We could dream a little harder. With Jetstars base being in Christchurch, who knows......

You guys need to come skiing a bit more and we need to come up and warm up a bit. Now theres a fantastic market for those routes.
sorry to be a bugger, but doesnt threads like this belong in transport section?
why do we have thr transport section if these threads are in construction threads?
theres also threads-
Queensland Airports,Tville rail discussion,cruise terminal and future public transport.
Does this mean you guys dont use transport section?
should the transport section be disbanded?
let me know how you feel. ive removed all transport threads from NSW section.
See less See more
^^ yeah i know what you mean, but I think some would, like the Townsville Rail disscussion, and the Cruise Ship terminal (the Townsville one includes the marina development with it), would be fine here in the Regional Queensland thingo, but my last thread on Australian Regional Airports, hasn't done so well in the Transport section compared to this one, but its up to you Cul.
See less See more
^^ Oh and other forumers may criticise the fact about threads being about Jetstar's Impact on Queensland, and Not Victoria or so on.
Maybe the Transport should be state divided with a national section like/unlike the construction thread breakup??
^^ Now thats a great idea :)
ill just leave as is.lol
i reckon its better if transport issues are in own state threads.not sure where a national transport issue would go?
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.