SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to make a thread about Pictures relating to Jewish synagogues and institutions that are located in Romania.

I found a few pictures and I hope that some have pictures that they have from their own town/city which can relate to this thread.

Enjoy!

Brasov

Satu Mare

Timisoara

·
AUTOBANN.ED
45,990 Posts
^^ Beautiful monuments. Every major city in Romania has at least one sinagogue. We should post some more of them. :cheers:

This is a good collection of sinagogues in Romania.

·
Basarabia e Romania
18,438 Posts

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
My grandmother was jewish! And i'm proud of that. It means that 25% of the blood that flows through my veins is jewish blood. I'll get rich :D:D

Leaving the jokes aside, i have a great respect for jewish history and culture.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Nice collection of synagogues for sure, but how many Jews there are in modern-day Romania and how many of them actually practice their religion?

·
6,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
In the eve of WW2 there was between 890,000 and about 1,100,000 Jews living in Romania.

As Romania was a 'winner' in WW1, they expanded in areas that had alot of Jewish communities.

After WW2 there was a handful but it diminished as many moved to the America's or to Israel.

28 Posts
Why did you say "After WW2 there was a handful...". It is not true. It is a lying, if not even a corker. Please search statistics!

As a matter of fact the big wave of jews leaving Roumania was around 1960-1965 years. After WW2 many of them were friends of and support new communist "golden" era.

They left Roumania when they realized new political regime offers an unconvenient way of life.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
There were about 430,000 Jews left in Romania after WWII. By 1956, there were only 144,236 Jews in Romania. This was mainly due to persecution under the early Communist regime. Between 1960-1965, the population decreased to below 100,000. Now only around 9,000- 15,000 Jews are in Romania, mainly in Bucharest.

·
Basarabia e Romania
18,438 Posts
28 Posts
Why did you fable?

There were about 430,000 Jews left in Romania after WWII. By 1956, there were only 144,236 Jews in Romania. This was mainly due to persecution under the early Communist regime. Between 1960-1965, the population decreased to below 100,000. Now only around 9,000- 15,000 Jews are in Romania, mainly in Bucharest.
1. It is possibly some Jews, as well as some Roumanians, left Roumania after WWII, but many Jews left Roumania during, I repeat, "during" WWII, by ship and with Roumanian help, to Israel destination.
2. How can you say about the "persecution under the early Communist regime" when many pre-eminent components of Roumanian communist guvernment, at that times, were Jews? Examples: Ana Pauker, Miron Constantinescu, Leonte Rautu, Valter Roman, Alexandru Barladeanu, etc, etc, and also, in my Galatz town the first Big Boss of local Securitate was a Jew?

1 - 20 of 93 Posts