SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 4183 Posts

·
makabayan
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

On the other hand, Canilao said the proposed Mass Transit System Loop would connect the fast-developing Bonifacio Global City , Makati Central Business District, and the Mall of Asia area in Pasay City .

Given Metro Manila’s current infrastructure, it was also determined that the rail line of approximately 12 km would need to run mostly underground, making this the first subway in the country.

http://www.philstar.com/business/2014/03/19/1302411/dotc-sets-rail-projects-roadshow

:cheers::cheers:

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
Canilao said the DOTC would present the master plan for the proposed 900-kilometer Integrated Luzon Railway (ILR) worth $5 billion and the 90-km North-South commuter rail link connecting Cagayan in the north all the way to Bicol in the south.

CPCS Transcom Ltd. of Canada is set to complete the feasibility study for the ILR that would run from Cagayan in Isabela down to Sorsogon in Bicol. It would cover the entire north and south networks of the state-run Philippine National Railway (PNR) from Manila to La Union as well as a branch line from Tarlac to San Jose, Nueva Ecija, and a possible extension to Cagayan while the south network traverses from Manila to Legaspi City , including the branch line from Calamba to Batangas City .

Another option being considered for the ILR is to put up a connecting rail to Clark international airport as the international gateway in Pampanga is being developed under a twin airport system.

For the North-South Commuter Rail, Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) was tapped to help the government complete the feasibility study for the commuter rail that would run from Malolos in Bulacan all the way down to Calamba in Laguna.
Now I'm wondering why DOTC did not even consider reviving the Manila Rail Port Line. Langya, sa totoo lang hindi na kailangan ng FS para sa commuter rail.

USD $5B is a HUGE sum of money...this can be done in phases siguro.

Largest investments in the Philippines so fay ay
- Malampaya
- NGCP

Yung Tampakan would have been the largest diba, if ever. Kaso wala. Samantalang small-scale mining, tuloy ang ligaya. Hypocrisy

·
makabayan
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More press release from inefficient pnoy govt BUT nevertheless i wanna remain optimistic. I just hope im still alive by the time the subway is finished, if it will be done at all.

Although, what I know is that this is actually a BCDA project, it seems DOTC is now the lead agency for this rail loop. Anyway, I hope DOTC will stop being a press release machine and start working and perhaps this project might see the light in the near future.

By the way, a few years ago, Mitsubishi and HItachi expressed their interest with this railway loop monorail project of the BCDA. Now sure, now that its a subway project, will private companies still be interested.

·
makabayan
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Now I'm wondering why DOTC did not even consider reviving the Manila Rail Port Line. Langya, sa totoo lang hindi na kailangan ng FS para sa commuter rail.

Yes, Im quite disappointed as to why this rail link was not metioned. Talaga atang malakas ang lobby ng mga truckers at ayaw ng freight line in the Manila Port.

·
makabayan
9,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
@jpdm

sir gumawa ka pa ng thread eh meron mass transit thread

@mods
****.delete po ito
I thought this is different kasi. Its not Light rail or similar with the trains that we have now. In fact, as DOTC mentioned, this might be the first subway system for the Philippines.

Pero ok lang sir kung ipa-delete nyo ito.

·
Welcome to the Planet
3,059 Posts
is it even safe to make a subway in the MOA area which is reclaimed? I do get the why they need to connect Makati CBD, BGC and the MOA Area/Entertainment City.

·
Finding destiny
9,026 Posts
is it even safe to make a subway in the MOA area which is reclaimed? I do get the why they need to connect Makati CBD, BGC and the MOA Area/Entertainment City.
I think we should connect them because those are the largest generators of traffic in the Metro. If we do that then we resolve a large part of traffic congestion in MM.

·
Welcome to the Planet
3,059 Posts
a subway connecting Makati CBD and BGC then somewhere in between it will be elevated with a stop to NAIA then MOA area.

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Has anyone noticed the tunnel near Ayala station? Do you think they'll try to make a spur line there for the planned subway?

1 - 20 of 4183 Posts