SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
According to Wikipedia, it will be the first football staidum owned by a club(Kaizer Chiefs) when it's completed. Surprisingly this gorgeous stadium is not the host venue for 2010 WC because two other stadiums in Johannesburg already took the honor of hosting.

As one of Korean football fans, I'm familiar with the club because it had come to Korea to participate in Peace Cup in summer 2003.

Below are the renderings from Kaizer Chiefs homepage.

This picture might be taken in groundbreaking ceremony. But unfortunenately there's no more picture afterwards. Any South African users, I want you to share with us some construction webcams if you have

·
East Coast Massiv
16,652 Posts
this stadium also wont be ready in time for the WC. Also the location is'nt ideal for thousands of international fans.

Glad to see our local teams getting some international exposure :) Also later on in July Chiefs will be playing Manchester United here in SA along with another local club Orlando Pirates in the Vodacom Challenge Cup.

Oh & just another piece of info, the band Kaiser Chiefs from UK, named their band after this football team because their idol from Leeds Utd Lucas Radebe started off with Chiefs.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any news about this stadium? I really wonder what it looks like at the moment. Definately, it seems the groundbreaking already happened, but unfortunately there isn't just a single bit of update about the status after that in Kaizer Chiefs homepage, let alone construction pics or webcams.

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It is assumed months have passed since the groundbreaking for building a 55K brand new stadia, but, there isn't a single piece of construction photo. I don't understand it. Maybe it is a national secret project? :)

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Soon Gauteng will be able to host a worldcup on its own......

Awesome stuff

·
Registered
2,638 Posts
Well I acsually said soon gauteng will be able to host on its own. So Pretoria included.
Gauteng is in anyway close to being one single megacity.

·
23,070 Posts
Ja it is a bit odd that there is no info anywhere...Joburg guys, any of you out in Krugersdorp much to have a looky?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts