Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Number one! The Barbican.

It is clear to see from this pic that only 1 of the 6 doors are still left

Refurbishment: Old Mutual Style. At least they are bricking up the hole in the wall. I want to see more in November OM!

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Library Hotel - Work is moving along swiftly. And I am glad this one was not imploded.

I love this pic, and took it by accident. Just popped my camera above the fence.

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Customs House - next to the Library Hotel. Also undergoing renovation.

Conslidated Building: Commissioner Street. This is a massive refurb of a 13F building. Ground retail, the works.

·
South Straddie QLD
10,893 Posts
What does Anstrys look like these days, I did a paper on it like 15 years ago as a builing that needed to be saved and a methadology on inner city redevelopment.
Its stunning as has massive history

·
Johannesburg!
135 Posts
What does Anstrys look like these days, I did a paper on it like 15 years ago as a builing that needed to be saved and a methadology on inner city redevelopment.
Its stunning as has massive history
Anstys is my building dude!
its looking... well probably not much worse than 15 yrs ago, but also not much better.... there are plans in the pipeline for some MAJOR upgrades though, so watch this space. What paper did you do??

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
My first computer was a commodore 64. I used to have over 1000 games. But it would take an eternity to load a game, and sometimes I had to try more than once to load the game, for I had to get the treble right with a screwdriver. My favourite game used to be Giana Sisters.

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Buildings please..... ;-)

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
New Mcafe opened in Rissik street... Other buildings under repair?

BIG NEWS! The IBM building on the corner of main and kruis sold, and yes, there is construction going on inside. The previous owners don't know much about the building now, but it is definately going to get a new lease on life! HOORAH! Well, we have to see what happens first of course.

Library Hotel well underway.

Customs House and Rand Water also being restored.

The Library is getting a make-over.

The Elizabeth Hotel in Sauer street (an eyesore for many years) is all scaffolded up and undergoing renovations. Right across from this you have the huge new FNB building.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts