Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Jowhar (Somali: Jowhaar, Arabic: جوهر‎, Italian: Giohar, formerly Villaggio Duca degli Abruzzi) is the capital town of the Shabeellaha Dhexe region of Somalia (located at WikiMiniAtlas 2°46.8′N 45°30.048′E / 2.78°N 45.5008°E / 2.78; 45.5008Coordinates: The town lies 90 km (50 mi) along a major road north of the national capital of Mogadishu. There is also an airport in the northern part of the town.
Wiki

·
Pie Eater & Proud
378 Posts
Got any pics of the old Sugar fatory at Jowhar?

·
Pie Eater & Proud
378 Posts
Never been to Jowhar, my Dad worked at the Sugar fatory near Jilib. Think he went to the Jowhar factory once.

·
Pie Eater & Proud
378 Posts
Yeah, Booker Tate.

·
Banned
336 Posts
I think it is offensive we call this town by an illegitimate name. The founder of this town was Somali-Italian citizen who married a Somali wife and died in the city. He chose to call the name after him and I see no circumstances where Somalis should stoop this low of changing names so they can bury a beautiful past

·
Registered
802 Posts
Beautiful Jowhar.Insha Allah mustaqbalka waxaa loo isticmaalin karaa as Weekend trip for people in Xamar.

Jowhar has it all,beautiful Italian styled Gardens,mild Climate,Wildlife.

waxaa keliya ee uu bahantahay waa dub u dhiska wadooyinka magalada,iyo Highwayga Xamar iyo Jowhar isku xiro oo sii casri ah loo dhiso.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts