SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
76,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ive added alot of cranes this month.

brisbanes king george central has topped out
sydneys ANZ has reached roof,but still roof feature to go.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
Thanks Cul!

SUMMARY!

Melb - 13 (2 x 200+)
Syd - 8 (1 x 200+)
Bris - 4 (1 x 100+)
GC - 1

NA for Perth, Adel, Hobart and Darwin

·
Registered
483 Posts
Bit of a worry when all the buildings under construction in Melbourne are apartments, no office buildings is hardly creating jobs for the future, were are all those people going to work when the jobs market is shrinking ? The slow down in the property market is a bit of a worry, lots of vacant apartments and slashed rents hardly make for a good investment

·
Registered
13,362 Posts

·
Banned
9,681 Posts
QLD is looking abysmal, it's hidden a bit by Harry T's efforts, which paint a deceptive picture of the state of the market, but otherwise what a wipeout since 08.

·
Registered
7,735 Posts
Melbourne has plenty of capacity for residential and office construction, the city is well planned and construction is mainly following demand. In Sydney poor planning and a heavy government hand means all new developments are more about squeezing out whatever can be done through the limits of the red tape rather than a response to demand.
Sydney needs to fix its government, the state is being run pretty well under O'Farrell, but local governments including City of Sydney are development hostile. Most of the projects for Sydney listed above in the diagram, were approved by the state as a Part 3A overruling local governments.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
QLD is looking abysmal, it's hidden a bit by Harry T's efforts, which paint a deceptive picture of the state of the market, but otherwise what a wipeout since 08.
Cul should of included Brisbanes suburbs too. Would love to see a full list of 100m plus under construction....

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
Thanks again. It seems that buildings are either in their early or later stages of construction especially in Melbourne.

·
Registered
76,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
jayt, i thought i had all 100m+ bldgs uc in aus? Maddison heights 115m? ill add that next week
please let me know any in qld ive missed.
and no paddo is not my multi, but he has a point. WHY arent melbourne building tall office buildings? are they happy just to build campus? if it works why not.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
I think you'll find that with the opening up of the Fishermens Bend area and E-Gate (which will increase the size of the cbd again) that office development will follow. My guess is that business has too many options in Melbourne with all these choices.
Business may find it easier to build from new in these areas while apartment development is favoured in the cbd.

·
Registered
76,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
great news about fishermans bend and e gate.melbourne will spread like wildfire now
thanks chris, yeah ill add next week.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I'd prefer more residential than office in Sydney right now... At least then we'd get even taller, skinnier proposals and a more vibrant city. Office buildings and the surrounding streetscapes will generally be deserted outside of the 9-5 working hours.

Great job on the diagram Cul. Wonderful work.

·
Like whatever....
9,177 Posts
I think Madison Heights is the only 100m+ outside CBD. Great work as usual Richard.
What Chris Said - fanastic work as always. It's hard to keep track of just one city but 6 major cities.. Well Done!!

PS I'll see if I can get a photo of Madison Heights (115m) for your next update. Excavation started about 5 months ago and the crane went up last Saturday. They were using smaller cranes for a while so the tower is now above street level.

·
Sydney: World's best city
40,696 Posts
I'd prefer more residential than office in Sydney right now... At least then we'd get even taller, skinnier proposals and a more vibrant city. Office buildings and the surrounding streetscapes will generally be deserted outside of the 9-5 working hours.

Great job on the diagram Cul. Wonderful work.
It's what the buildings have at street level that counts in pulling the masses. I am a strong advocate of community facilities that locals and visitors can use.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Wait wait wait. Didnt we just recently have roughly 2 pages of explanations in another thread as to why melbourne isn't building office towers Cul? Seriously, i love your work but its a bloody broken record. I dont know why im even responding its that done and dusted.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts