SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone on the Chicago board! I have never posted here before, and I'm from Cleveland, but I wanted to let everyone know how amazing Chicago is. I have never been to a nicer and more well planned city before, and especially coming from Cleveland it shows the potential that every city has. I have always liked Chicago more than New York because I feel it has better architecture, nicer residents, and is much much cleaner. I also like the fact that here is this amazingly ginormous city that, unlike New York, isn't obsessed with displaying its own image. New York reminds me of that hot blonde girl who stares at herself in the mirror all day, completely encombered with her own beauty, and since she does that everyone esle agress that she's beautiful too. Chocago is like that modest brunette who is much more attractive but much more subtle, therefore allowing for a very healthy sex life, but a more meaningful long-term relationship that is cherished by both partners equally. I hope I don't offend any blonde or brunette women who happen to read this poll, it's just a very far-fetched analogy using every basic stereotype I could think of. I still love my city, and I do believe that if it hadn't been for bussing and Parma, then we would be close to the same level of Chicago, but c'est la vie. Well, I just wanted to let everyone in Chicago know that I think you are some of the luckiest people in the country for being able to live in such a wondeful place as Chicago! Hopefully one day I will be one of those lucky people too.

·
Registered
819 Posts
C-Town, the residents of Chicago on the forum -- both actual and spiritual -- are basking in the reflected glory of your comments. Come back soon.

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
C-town, thanks for the nice comments. Is there any chance we can con you into exchanging the Jake for US Cellular Field?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, edsg25...yeah I have to admit, the one thing Cleveland has on Chicago is pretty damn cool looking stadiums. Although, is there any way that we could exchange Key Tower for 2 Prudential Plaza? I think that would be a fair trade all around since they look fairly similar, but Prudential is so much slicker. So, you get our cool stadium and we get your cooler skyscraper! Awesome!

·
Registered
38 Posts
We'll keep 2 Pru Thank You and yeah the Jack is nicer than US cellular but Wrigly and the new Soldier Field kick the but of anything in Cleveland.

·
C.B.P.
1,188 Posts
Thanks for the comments C-Town. Chicago is always welcoming to our Great Lakes Cities bretheren. By the way, did anyone know you were from out-of-town? I read somewhere in the old Metro Chicago Almanac put out by the Sun-Times that Cleavelanders are notorious chameleons and are the only out-of-towners who can pull off a proper accent and pronounce Chicago correctly. Is dis true? By da way, dat would be She-caw-go my frents!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Its my impression that the accents of people who hail from Great Lakes cities are all very similar. So Buffalo accents are probably similar too. There was something in the Trib about this a little while back.

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
C-Town said:
Haha, edsg25...yeah I have to admit, the one thing Cleveland has on Chicago is pretty damn cool looking stadiums. Although, is there any way that we could exchange Key Tower for 2 Prudential Plaza? I think that would be a fair trade all around since they look fairly similar, but Prudential is so much slicker. So, you get our cool stadium and we get your cooler skyscraper! Awesome!
C-Town, we live in a culture of death. Look at the news coverage over the last 3 or 4 weeks: we have been sitting around watching and waiting for Terri Schaivo and the Pope to die, with medical reports coming out by the hour. It dominates the news. Hey, even Prince Ranier had the decency to join in, proving the old American adage: deaths occur in three's.

Of all cities in America, only one picked up on this trend long before it became apparent to the rest of us. That's why we say Cleveland rocks! Cleveland rocks. Long before the rest of America was celebrating death, you folks built Terminal Tower to honor it!

·
The Jive is Alive.
1,537 Posts
I also like your analogies, and I will accept them in reference to Manhattan. But Brooklyn, Queens and the Bronx aren't anything like that, and they all comprise a greater portion of NYC's population than Manhattan. I take it you've only been to Manhattan. It's really a shame. NYC gets so many visitors, but so so many never get to see the real meat and potatoes of America's largest city.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow, so many replies...I'm flattered. Latoso, nobody knew that we were tourists (I was there with my best friend) and we actually got hit on by one of the waitresses at Giordano's :cheers: . Edsg25, once again I love your dry sense of humor, and your witty way of putting down a city all the while displaying a constant reverie. Yes, Cleveland does rock and we're proud to honor death because we killed the American city by cherishing all that is suburban! Hopefully I will be back in Ch-town soon, although I'm going to visit the blonde this weekend because my girlfriend is moving there soon. Enjoy the nice lake!

·
Pittsburgh rocks!!
899 Posts
I am glad you had a great time in Chicago C-Town. It is my favorite city too.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts