SkyscraperCity Forum banner
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just some various photos of street scenes in Copenhagen and Malmo when I was visiting for a few days. Hope you enjoy them (Please Note: All these photos were taken by me and any alteration or duplication is unauthorized).

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I was in Denmark now in June. On the news foregin tourists complained about Denmark and Copenhagen being very expensive and that the weather is bad.

I agree. 13 C in late june, raining all days of the week and stellar prices. What do they expect ?
Well Copenhagen is pretty expensive but there are a lot of ways around it especially if you buy a Copenhagen Card which allows you to visit a number of attractions in addition to covering public transit and eating out at polsevogns and kebab shops and staying in hostels. It's not that much different than London or Paris in my opinion.

Anyways I did not think the weather was that bad, when I took those photos (I think it was July 1st) I was basically just wearing a T-shirt.

Amazing and very nice photos; well done :)
Thanks, glad you enjoyed them.

·
Oh No He Didn't
5,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Copenhagen I thought was a very nice city with, and the locals were pretty friendly overall in addition to being fluent in English, and the public transit system is pretty good since it operates 24/7. Christiania was weird though (but worth a visit in it's own right) since it is sort of a giant hippie/anarchist commune located in the center of the city, and they openly sell and smoke pot on the streets there. However you are not supposed to take photos of the dealers or the people buying and smoking (in fact I was stopped by a guy just for taking a photo of the sign so I had to delete all of the photos with any people in them) since marijuana is still illegal in Denmark. Anyways Malmo for what it's worth is less touristy and more "industrial" than Copenhagen but was also pretty nice as well.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.