SkyscraperCity banner

2001 - 2020 of 2050 Posts

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Yesterday there was a public hearing on the SH4 local plan.

SH4 is the area where Pension Danmark plans to build 45.000 sqm of housing on the eastern top of Søndre Havn.

There where no new renders of any kind that I could show you but there where some interesting facts.

The number of apartments has been adjusted from 500 to 514.
300 will be rental and then he said that 213 will be for purchase but he must meant 214. (or that there is 301 rentals).

The ground floor is reserved for a ishus, cafe´s and small shops, I think its around 1000 sqm in total.

The area is heavily polluted but luckily its only 4 meters down.
So unlike the other areas they will dug out a large carpark under the whole area and then remove the polluted dirt.
This will create space for 450 cars.

And finally the most important news, they will start to dig out the hole in October this year.
If I didn´t hear wrong They will start to build the 3 southern buildings first and then the 2 northern buildings last.
Construction will be staged and will be finished in under 5 years.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Geodatastyrelsen has made these pictures for Danske Havnelods of Køge Havn.

They are from August 2019 so the pictures from Søndre Havn they are a little bit outdated.

First of a depth chart

BTW if you plan to dock your ship in Køge then the biggest ships to enter the harbour are 120 meters long and 25 meters wide in the old harbour and 230 meters long and 35 meters wide in Nordhavn.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Køge kommune (and I presume Sun Chemical) want ro biild apartments etc at their site on the corner between Værftvej and Københavnsvej.

For Sun Chemical I think there is 2 reasons, No matter ud they sell the site to a new company they have to 1, clean up the site and 2, they have to pay their large share of the new dike around Køges shores.

They probably thinking that homes will be the easiest thing and most lucrative to sell because Køge lacks access to beach fronted property.

Now there will go some time with cleaning up the site as irs heavily polluted, som people that thinks they Now something makes its looks line its Cheminova part 2.

Claims that Barrels of chemicals gas been dug i to the sand has been disproved after they have searched the area.
But there is still some amount of pollution on site.

But while they are cleaning up the site Køge Kommune says that they priorities evolving Hastrup Øst and Herfølge Vest before they do something at Sun Chemical.
That is of course also after Køge Kyst and Køge Nord.

https://sn.dk/Koege/Planstrategi-aabner-op-for-boliger-paa-forurenet-kemigrund/artikel/914315

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Btw. Ignore the angry smiley at the top øf my previous post.
I really don't know where it comes from, I'll promise that I'm not a nimby :lol:

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Finally its time from some STC updates.

Lidl is finally overground, it took some time to get there.

It was hard to get into JN Speditions site so you´ll have to do with 2 drive by shootings :)

[

And finally the bus bridge to Køge Nord station, its located above the Lille Syd railline.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Køge kommune (and I presume Sun Chemical) want ro biild apartments etc at their site on the corner between Værftvej and Københavnsvej.

For Sun Chemical I think there is 2 reasons, No matter ud they sell the site to a new company they have to 1, clean up the site and 2, they have to pay their large share of the new dike around Køges shores.

They probably thinking that homes will be the easiest thing and most lucrative to sell because Køge lacks access to beach fronted property.

Now there will go some time with cleaning up the site as irs heavily polluted, som people that thinks they Now something makes its looks line its Cheminova part 2.

Claims that Barrels of chemicals gas been dug i to the sand has been disproved after they have searched the area.
But there is still some amount of pollution on site.

But while they are cleaning up the site Køge Kommune says that they priorities evolving Hastrup Øst and Herfølge Vest before they do something at Sun Chemical.
That is of course also after Køge Kyst and Køge Nord.

https://sn.dk/Koege/Planstrategi-aabner-op-for-boliger-paa-forurenet-kemigrund/artikel/914315
I worked there one summer while I was studying in 1984. That year they build a new factory close to the sea. The soil they digged up had different colours, and we talk clear red, blue and green colors. It really looked bad.. One of the old workers then told me, that the land we are standing on here was out in the sea when he started to work there many years ago.
The factory could not get any permissions to fill soil into the water to extend the factory out in the sea, so you know what they did? he said, they dumped all the barrels with waste poison in the water and then the tide and sand made the ground raise and then they could extend the factory. Just wait, one day those barrels will rust... and he shook his head.. don't ever go bathing here.
Build houses on that area? seriously it is a bad idea..! I Would not live there, that's for sure.!!:eek:hno:

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
But didn't they scan the area a few years ago and find nothing.

A whistleblower told the municipality almost the same story as yours but as far as I recall they didn't find any evidence.

But I have also heard stories from the 50-60'ies about the water at the the beaches looking rather funny. :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
But didn't they scan the area a few years ago and find nothing.

A whistleblower told the municipality almost the same story as yours but as far as I recall they didn't find any evidence.

But I have also heard stories from the 50-60'ies about the water at the the beaches looking rather funny. :)
I have not heard about any scannings, and I have not seen the barrels with my own eyes, but the sand in 3 different colors within one meter down, I have seen !

Anyway ... I think it would be better to build a Bauhaus and a Biltema on the area !! 😁

By the way, is Sun Chemicals closing down totally? or is it only the small grass area on the corner ,?

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,020
Sun chemical has come up with the idea about selling the plot.
And the cleaning is already ongoing.

The plan is not yet in details, but they are talking about a mix of offices and big shops towards københavnssvej.
And then apartments towards the waterfront.

But don't expect any activity there before Ca 2030.

2001 - 2020 of 2050 Posts