Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Atheist Kabyle
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
At the requests of some forumers here I'm opening this thread about this special place in MENA.

Intro: From Wiki

The Kabyles or Kabylians (in Kabyle language: Iqvayliyen) are the largest homogenous Algerian cultural community and they consider themselves exclusively Berber. Their traditional homeland is Kabylie (or Kabylia) in the northeast of Algeria. It is part of the Atlas Mountains and is located at the edge of the Mediterranean Sea.

Berbers are one of the 2 constitutional recognized nations of Algeria (Arabs representing the other one). Nowadays, Kabyles represent nearly 80% of the total Berber population of Algeria, and both concepts seems to be assimilated in this country.

Kabyles speak the Kabyle variety of Tamazight, the generic name for the Berber languages. Since the Berber Spring in 1980, they have been at the forefront of the fight for the official recognition of the Berber language and secularism ("laïcité") in Algeria.

The traditional religion of Kabyles is Christianity, including Donatism and Arianism heritage. Since the 19th century, they're are a vast nominal Sunni Muslim community. Recently, there has also been a rapidly growing Protestant (chiefly evanglical) community among the Kabyles.

Amoung Kabyle Muslims, the main tradition is Maraboutism, a version of heterogenous Islam mixing sunni tradition and many Kabyle cultural elements.

However, Kabyle society is known for its strong secular tradition. Religious cleavages plays minor role in political and social life.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabyle_people

Wiki

Picasa

·
Atheist Kabyle
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you, this is what you should have done from the start. Very nice and colourful people BTW.
^^ Thanks but it doesn't change what I believe. I vote YES for Kabylian autonomy ;)

whats the size of ur proposed kabylia country? and if possible....are there any pics of kabyle girls in bikini? :)
Kabylia is about the same size and population of Lebanon.

I will try to find the pictures you want - though it's not the main purpose of the thread :p

·
21,595 Posts
^^ Thanks but it doesn't change what I believe. I vote YES for Kabylian autonomy ;)
That's not my problem, I just get annoyed when nationalism hijacks threads on SSC, this thread on the other hand is patriotism, and I'm fine with that.

·
Atheist Kabyle
1,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some Basic Kabyle language:

Hello: Azul
Good Morning: Ass amegaz
Good Evening: Tamedit Igerzen
How are you: Amek tellit
Thank you: Tanmirt
Welcome: Ansuf
Bye: Ar Tufat / Ar Timlilit
Love: Tayri
Freedom: Tilleli
Friendship: Tamdukelt
Peace: Talwit
Handome: Acevhan
Beautiful: Tacevhant
Good: Axlaf
Bad: Diri
Yes: Eh
No: Ela

·
Banned
1,336 Posts
I wish my countrymen could see your pictures. They have no idea what is going on. It is very unfortunate that you don't promote your cause through the proper American channels and let the world/America know of your aspirations.

·
Son of the cedars
7,958 Posts
Very nice place!!!!
i always knew Berbers are part of that place,but to be honest,never thought they look that European :S

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.