Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just posting the link to a nice renovation in New Orleans...No comments. Every time New Orleanians open their mouths on this forum all of those rooting against New Orleans and post-Katrina recovery come out of the woodworks. Here's your link: http://www.kailastower.com/

·
Registered
73 Posts
its not that people are rooting against new orleans, it's just that you make a new topic everytime anything happens in new orleans. Doesn't N.O. have a development thread? Personally, I don't care, but that's why people say the things they do when you make topics about NO.

·
President of Catan
2,282 Posts
Yeah, I am really rooting for New Orleans to pull back together but GEEEEEZ we don't need to know about every subdivision that goes up.
Thing is, this should be in the southeast development thread. As should a lot of the NO things that get posted in here. Not being mean, but its the truth.

·
Oh Hey!
7,177 Posts
yeah I think all the developements for NO should be put in one thread. Maybe a sticky, because of it.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
Yea im all for new orleans bouncing back i want to go to that city definetly its one of the greatest in the country and also very unique but like people are saying we dont need a new thread for every development it needs its own thread.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
NewPortRicheyGuy said:
yeah I think all the developements for NO should be put in one thread. Maybe a sticky, because of it.
Well, if we had one, we wouldn't have to make threads on the FEW things we have elected to share with you guys. But, at least it has shown posters' true colors and their feelings on New Orleans and post Katrina recovery. Thanks for the support....NOT! I can tell you that you would not receive the same reception from New Orleanians. We simply aren't that self serving. Let's get real...after being on this forum pre-Katrina and post-Katrina, I've learned one thing...95% of the poster on the SE forum on this board would truly love to see New Orleans falter. Now, if we go to other parts of this country on this board, it's a different story. But, people in the SE...at least on this board...they want us to fail. And we are convinced of that..I've seen some exceptions. But, not many. You all want this SE city to decrease, go down, and not bounce back. It seems to satisfy some type of evil satisfaction within.

·
President of Catan
2,282 Posts
Sean in New Orleans said:
Well, if we had one, we wouldn't have to make threads on the FEW things we have elected to share with you guys. But, at least it has shown posters' true colors and their feelings on New Orleans and post Katrina recovery. Thanks for the support....NOT! I can tell you that you would not receive the same reception from New Orleanians. We simply aren't that self serving. Let's get real...after being on this forum pre-Katrina and post-Katrina, I've learned one thing...95% of the poster on the SE forum on this board would truly love to see New Orleans falter. Now, if we go to other parts of this country on this board, it's a different story. But, people in the SE...at least on this board...they want us to fail. And we are convinced of that..I've seen some exceptions. But, not many. You all want this SE city to decrease, go down, and not bounce back. It seems to satisfy some type of evil satisfaction within.
Honestly, I think you're overeacting and being silly.

I really dont care about most things going on in other cities unless it is big, and different, and catches my attention. Those sorts of things are what you make threads about. Something like this ronovation and link you posted should just go in a NO development thread. And if you don't have one, CREATE ONE, and request a sticky from a mod.

Please, its not because we are against NO. I'm sorry that you read it like that.

·
I'm Panamerupean!!!!!!!
1,432 Posts
NOt me

I have never personally been to New Orleans but I wish I could go. It is on my top 10 list of cities to visit the US. When that city goes back up I will definitely visit it. If it takes 2 years of a decade or however it takes. New Orleans is probably the only city besides St. Augustine,Florida with a colonial side of more than 400 years old. And that is thanks to the French and the Spanish. NOt the British. But yeah that building is nice for the US. If you post that building in the European forum people will laugh of looking at that building because for them that building is just a normal or ugly building compared to the ones that they have over there. BUt yeah one of the nicest I've seen in the US.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
verycoolnin said:
This is a forum about skyscrapers, he posts about skyscrapers. Let him do what he wants.
You are a nice person. But, posters from New Orleans have had to deal with some of the most evil comments and posts you could imagine post-Katrina. 80% of one of America's major city's was inundated with over 6 feet of water. My own parents had 17 feet of water (5 feet on their second floor). We have almost 200,000 flooded cars in this city that are about to be removed, and we lost over 1,500 citizens of New Orleans to a natural event. We attempt to post progression on this valid topic. We post new ideas for a modern day conversion of a major metropolitan city in America. We post new projects. We attempt to post positive stories in recovery involving the largest natural disaster in American history. There are new ideas and innovative thoughts on this recovery. Governments from throughout the world are involved with new ideas. The Federal Government is involved. We have received multi-millions in assistance from foreign countries. And we are about to receive over $10 Billion from the United States with this recovery come August. This event is the first of it's kind in many ways in America. We have attempted to share these events with others through the new innovative development projects in this city. What do we get? We get scolded, ridiculed, and demeaned by various posters. We get a poster from San Antonio that comes to this board under three different names to antagonize us because his city didn't get the Saints from this fiasco. Recently, I've been assaulted on this board by someone from Macon, GA, of all places, who has insulted us, our recovery, and our city. This is nonsense. I'm offering education with my posts, IMO. I'm not arrogant. Come down and look for yourself. I'd have a hell of a nerve to have any arrogance in regards to my city. Just give us a thread and we'll tell you all about it and if you want to know you can go to that thread. I don't need or want to make multiple threads on post-Katrina recovery in different posts. Give us one thread, we'll post it all and if you give a shit, you can visit that one thread. All I've ever wanted to do was to contribute and educate a younger generation in how their country and a major US city recovers from a "once in a lifetime," natural event.

·
Registered
483 Posts
You are a nice person. But, posters from New Orleans have had to deal with some of the most evil comments and posts you could imagine post-Katrina. 80% of one of America's major city's was inundated with over 6 feet of water. My own parents had 17 feet of water (5 feet on their second floor). We have almost 200,000 flooded cars in this city that are about to be removed, and we lost over 1,500 citizens of New Orleans to a natural event. We attempt to post progression on this valid topic. We post new ideas for a modern day conversion of a major metropolitan city in America. We post new projects. We attempt to post positive stories in recovery involving the largest natural disaster in American history. There are new ideas and innovative thoughts on this recovery. Governments from throughout the world are involved with new ideas. The Federal Government is involved. We have received multi-millions in assistance from foreign countries. And we are about to receive over $10 Billion from the United States with this recovery come August. This event is the first of it's kind in many ways in America. We have attempted to share these events with others through the new innovative development projects in this city. What do we get? We get scolded, ridiculed, and demeaned by various posters. We get a poster from San Antonio that comes to this board under three different names to antagonize us because his city didn't get the Saints from this fiasco. Recently, I've been assaulted on this board by someone from Macon, GA, of all places, who has insulted us, our recovery, and our city. This is nonsense. I'm offering education with my posts, IMO. I'm not arrogant. Come down and look for yourself. I'd have a hell of a nerve to have any arrogance in regards to my city. Just give us a thread and we'll tell you all about it and if you want to know you can go to that thread. I don't need or want to make multiple threads on post-Katrina recovery in different posts. Give us one thread, we'll post it all and if you give a shit, you can visit that one thread. All I've ever wanted to do was to contribute and educate a younger generation in how their country and a major US city recovers from a "once in a lifetime," natural event.
Well said. Mods, make it happen.

That said, I too realize that there are some problem posters in EVERY thread about New Orleans. But dont forget... 99% of the people on this forum, and throughout this country DO care about us.

Just the other day, my family was approached by some people from Louisville, KY... asking us if we needed any help gutting my aunt's house. We were sweating, dirty, and exhausted. We thanked them and said "yes". They worked from 10am until dark. Never stopping... they brought their own lunch and drinks. These people were here on their vacation, staying in a nearby hotel, in town for a week with the goal of helping as many people as they could. We were their 4th house. We thanked them and offered them a good 'ole south Louisiana dinner. They accepted, inhaling a pot of jambalaya and a HUGE pile of bronzed speck filets. They loved it... but it was the least we could do.

It is experiences like this that make you realize that posters like the one from S.A. are the exception to the rule.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
I have to agree with the ones who says put any news of development in one thread instead of seperating in individual threads. It's redundant and overexagerrating by posting individually because you can't get an overall feeling of all the development projects when they are not in one thread.

·
Oh Hey!
7,177 Posts
Woooooo Sean, how does saying that you should make a whole thread about all of NO's developement relate to us wanting NO to falter? All I suggested that you make a thread about allof NO developements and a mod stickies it. I don't want to see NO stay a dump, I want it to grow with life and be better than it was before. I wish no harm to NO and it's people. NO has great projects and it should be put in one thread so everyone can see all the projects then making someone go through pages and pages to find a thread about one project.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
NewPortRicheyGuy said:
Woooooo Sean, how does saying that you should make a whole thread about all of NO's developement relate to us wanting NO to falter? All I suggested that you make a thread about allof NO developements and a mod stickies it. I don't want to see NO stay a dump, I want it to grow with life and be better than it was before. I wish no harm to NO and it's people. NO has great projects and it should be put in one thread so everyone can see all the projects then making someone go through pages and pages to find a thread about one project.
I've asked one MOD, he has read my request, has not replied, and has not made the thread. I can only assume that he deems it unnecessary, so you all can continue to see New Orleanians flood the site with developments and announcements as the pace of recovery in New Orleans snowballs.

·
Oh Hey!
7,177 Posts
I've asked one MOD, he has read my request, has not replied, and has not made the thread. I can only assume that he deems it unnecessary, so you all can continue to see New Orleanians flood the site with developments and announcements as the pace of recovery in New Orleans snowballs.
Maybe while you are here, can you contribute to my thread in the development forum?

·
Registered
506 Posts
I do not necessarily see that people on this forum are against New Orleans. But "Sean in New Orleans" will know better than anyone else because he is from New Orleans. As I always hear on this forum, do "NOBODY FORCES YOU TO READ THE THREAD". I say post what ever you want. It's not like there is limited space. If the Mods feel he is posting in the wrong section, the thread will be moved. If the thread does not interest me I do not read it - why complain?

·
Texas-NoVA
2,265 Posts
Hey Sean. You can easily start a thread in developments forum. But I have no problem with him posting news about New Orleans. Better than seeing people ask on why they h ate Charlotte.

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Don't argue with anyone from New Orleans about anything. They'll pull the disaster card.

I guess I could do the same thing, what with the worst domestic terrorist act in the US and the strongest winds ever recorded on Earth hitting my city last decade.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
shane453 said:
Don't argue with anyone from New Orleans about anything. They'll pull the disaster card.

I guess I could do the same thing, what with the worst domestic terrorist act in the US and the strongest winds ever recorded on Earth hitting my city last decade.
What a sickening, cold-hearted comment. That is absolutely repulsive. What a really low thing to say...congrats, that was below the bet buckle. To speak so callously about the death over 1,500 people is absolutely disgusting. There is something wrong with you...God have mercy. I have never seen such attitude from any human, in my life....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts