Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you drive along West 2nd Ave - there are a spate of Rezoning and Development Application notices along the area marked as 1B and 2B on the small map above.
The developers and the City all want to get them built before 2010 so that the construction sites are not centre stage at the Olympics. Mid-rise 10 -15 storeys from what I recall.

·
SSLL
8,354 Posts
Interesting question. I'm not knowledgeable about Vancouver, but could a situation like the one in the Bay Area happen? With San Jose, a former suburb, growing more influential and prosperous because of the high cost of living and working in SF?

·
Ex-mod
7,931 Posts
samsonyuen said:
Interesting question. I'm not knowledgeable about Vancouver, but could a situation like the one in the Bay Area happen? With San Jose, a former suburb, growing more influential and prosperous because of the high cost of living and working in SF?
it's slowly happening as we speak, with Surrey: population 440,000. Vancouver is 590,000. Surrey's population is growing much faster than Vancouver's.

·
Registered
292 Posts
samsonyuen said:
Does Surrey have any industries of its own that it dominates (like San Jose with hi-tech) yet?
Fraser port is a fairly big employer and alot of busineses that rely on it are based in Surrey. Also Surrey has the most zoned industrial land in the lower mainland.

·
The Tropics of Canada
5,067 Posts
Culos developments ( of Kelowna ) plans to build what will be the tallest building in Kamloops . 4 , five story condo's / commercial and in the center a 21 story tower ! This will be built across from T.R.U. and only a block from the new condo tower ( just about finished now ) on the T.R.U. grounds.
the new project will cost $ 60 Million . In total the project will include 7-8 buildings . It will create 200 new condos in the Sahali area . Culos said that this will be the biggest things he's ever built . construction is set to begin in early fall, finishing in fall 2007 . With a grave yard located next door , Mr.Culos stated " at least the neighbours will be quite " .

YEAH I AM SO FREAKEN HAPPY ! :) :) :)
Current condo's almost done ( I have many other pics in British Columbia Project thread )

·
The Tropics of Canada
5,067 Posts
I agree with you , and the new 21 story is only a block away , once again NOT down town . Its my thoughts they are trying to move Downtown to up town .

·
....kay?
550 Posts
Rhino said:
Pics of nearly done towers taken today just for this thread.

Is this at TRU? My friend who used to go there said that they were building like crazy up there, that it was the second downtown. She never went downtown because she thought it was really creepy.

·
The Tropics of Canada
5,067 Posts
LOL , yes it is true. they are building a lot at TRU ( sahali area ) in Kamloops . Across from the 21 story project there is a new MALL beeing built and 12-15 other nice size structure ether under way or set to begin .

·
Registered
13 Posts
Rhino said:
LOL , yes it is true. they are building a lot at TRU ( sahali area ) in Kamloops . Across from the 21 story project there is a new MALL beeing built and 12-15 other nice size structure ether under way or set to begin .
Is Sahali Centre Mall still around? Or is this going to be a replacement for it?

·
The Tropics of Canada
5,067 Posts
yes , it is still there and home to
Island Ink Jet -
The Artist Studio & Gallery -
Barton Insurance Brokers
Carlton Cards
Jay Set
Marle's Native Crafts
X-Treem PC
Royal Bank
Canada Safeway Ltd
Sahali Liquor Store
Sahali Mall Post Office & Ticket Centre
Sandwich Tree
Sport Mart Superstores
Best Beauty Buys
Beachin' Clothing & Gifts
Zellers Inc.
PC & Wireless ( telus )

plus the Fox and hounds pub ( kick ass food )

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.