• 3 or less

Votes: 5 4.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 112 Posts

·
Architect
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kampala is the capital and largest city in Uganda, having a population of 1,208,544 in 2002. It is located near the north shore of Lake Victoria. The city's main industry is the manufacture of furniture and machine parts. Agricultural exports include coffee, cotton, tea, and sugar. Kampala grew up around a fort constructed in 1890 and became the national capital of Uganda in 1962, replacing Entebbe. Much of the city was destroyed after the 1979 overthrow of Idi Amin's dictatorship and the subsequent civil war. The city is home to Makerere University.

Photos

·
Architect
1,945 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After looking at many pictures of this city, I must commend it for the individuality its buildings have, even if they aren't all that tall. It is also very advanced for a city in Central Africa. Counting the factor that this city was almost completely destroyed just 20 years ago makes it even more likable. Not much of a skyline though, so I give it a 5.5/10.

·
Banned
14 Posts
mainhoonna said:
Wow, the skyline looks amazing for a 5th world country.8.
5/10.

I dont know if there is such a fifth world and if there is one this fifth world should include India and Pakistan. Kampala city is comparable to Major cities of India like delhi, mumbai and kolkata since they look under developed.

·
Registered
89 Posts
mmp said:
5/10.

I dont know if there is such a fifth world and if there is one this fifth world should include India and Pakistan. Kampala city is comparable to Major cities of India like delhi, mumbai and kolkata since they look under developed.

I must correct this statement, India is a future power and is growing very fast. The amount of projects which are being done in Mumbai is amazing.
In Military India is stronger than anything in europe, possibly 3rd strongest military in world.
6.5/10

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts
elitecavalier said:
I must correct this statement, India is a future power and is growing very fast. The amount of projects which are being done in Mumbai is amazing.
In Military India is stronger than anything in europe, possibly 3rd strongest military in world.
6.5/10
india is very much a developing country (1st, 2nd and 3rd world classifications are no longer used) and anything stating otherwise is false. with over a billion and with a gdp less than canada's (w/ 30 million), india has a looong way to go yet. perhaps in a few generations. but, yes, india is a fast growing emerging power.

as for military; i think it's much further down the list than #3. at the very least, it isn't as strong as (besides the US and russia) china, france, the UK or japan.

as for this thread: 6.5/10 - better than what i expected in a ugandan city.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
5/10 I was actually a little let down by the pics of Kampala. It is one of the fastest developing countries in Central Africa, if not Africa itself. It has tremendously rich soil for growing all types of crops and a fairly steady government. Hopefully in the next decade there will be much more growth in Kampala and the rest of the country, and the nearby conflict in the "Democratic" Republic of Congo and Rwanda, which has drawn in Uganda on a number of occasions, will be peacefully settled and the Great Lakes region can develop further.

·
Registered
89 Posts
jmancuso said:
india is very much a developing country (1st, 2nd and 3rd world classifications are no longer used) and anything stating otherwise is false. with over a billion and with a gdp less than canada's (w/ 30 million), india has a looong way to go yet. perhaps in a few generations. but, yes, india is a fast growing emerging power.

as for military; i think it's much further down the list than #3. at the very least, it isn't as strong as (besides the US and russia) china, france, the UK or japan.

as for this thread: 6.5/10 - better than what i expected in a ugandan city.
In military, the UK and Japan are not very strong at all. They lack the man power and there air forces are smaller, not to forget Japan has limits on how strong its military can be. When you have such little man power, you cant invade or fight an another Armed Forces like India’s (Having control over the land is essential for an invasion). The only thing which they beat India in is at Navy but even that should be cut down as India is developing the ADS (Air defense Ship) and is about to get another carrier from Russia (Will be long time before it can even match the USN). India is also developing the PAK-FA (With Russia) for its air force which is a 5th generation fighter which can compete with the F/A-22. I don’t understand why you put Russia so high, there having tons of financial problems that they can’t afford to put most of there air force in the air. Not even enough to properly maintain there air craft. France? No need to say similar to the UK. India is one of the few countries which developed its on combat air craft (the LCA) without reverse engineering another air craft (Chinese copied SU-27). Not to forget India has some of the best anti gorilla warfare institutes. (US commandos, French, Italian etc trained there).Got articles to prove btw.

Only reason India wouldnt be able to invade a country like Britan is because its so far away and India lacks the projection power for such an invasion. I can safely say that no single country can invade India (Or china). Yes even the US, USA's 300,000 men(Not to forget USA is falling short on recuits recently) can't take India when India has a 1.4 Million man army (With capability to recruit far more). Yes USA will take control of the seas and the air but even if you keep bombing and bombing you just cant kill the other person that way). If you use nukes India can react with Nukes.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
elitecavalier said:
In military, the UK and Japan are not very strong at all. They lack the man power and there air forces are smaller, not to forget Japan has limits on how strong its military can be. When you have such little man power, you cant invade or fight an another Armed Forces like India’s (Having control over the land is essential for an invasion). The only thing which they beat India in is at Navy but even that should be cut down as India is developing the ADS (Air defense Ship) and is about to get another carrier from Russia (Will be long time before it can even match the USN). India is also developing the PAK-FA (With Russia) for its air force which is a 5th generation fighter which can compete with the F/A-22. I don’t understand why you put Russia so high, there having tons of financial problems that they can’t afford to put most of there air force in the air. Not even enough to properly maintain there air craft. France? No need to say similar to the UK. India is one of the few countries which developed its on combat air craft (the LCA) without reverse engineering another air craft (Chinese copied SU-27). Not to forget India has some of the best anti gorilla warfare institutes. (US commandos, French, Italian etc trained there).Got articles to prove btw.

Only reason India wouldnt be able to invade a country like Britan is because its so far away and India lacks the projection power for such an invasion. I can safely say that no single country can invade India (Or china). Yes even the US, USA's 300,000 men(Not to forget USA is falling short on recuits recently) can't take India when India has a 1.4 Million man army (With capability to recruit far more). Yes USA will take control of the seas and the air but even if you keep bombing and bombing you just cant kill the other person that way). If you use nukes India can react with Nukes.
Hey, now that ^^^ is some really interesting stuff. I can say that you have really thought through this whole India, Britain, US, Russia, China, France war out. That's cool. No need to get yourself all rattled now. Everything is going to be OKAY. You just relax and put your head down on the pillow. It's had a hard day thinking about all this cooky fightin' stuff. Your'e doing your part...just take it easy now...relax...don't forget all your pills tonight...don't want another cooky day like today again tomorrow...so many problems to solve...when you wake up that big computer will be gone...we'll take care of it...just a little too much for you...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Nick in Atlanta said:
Hey, now that ^^^ is some really interesting stuff. I can say that you have really thought through this whole India, Britain, US, Russia, China, France war out. That's cool. No need to get yourself all rattled now. Everything is going to be OKAY. You just relax and put your head down on the pillow. It's had a hard day thinking about all this cooky fightin' stuff. Your'e doing your part...just take it easy now...relax...don't forget all your pills tonight...don't want another cooky day like today again tomorrow...so many problems to solve...when you wake up that big computer will be gone...we'll take care of it...just a little too much for you...

LOL.........

1 - 20 of 112 Posts