SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
planquadrat
10,311 Posts
I have a photo taken from a plane... I was trying to figure out if this is Prek Tamak Bridge or not? Looks like it and some major details match Google Maps imagery... although some not quite

·
Registered
519 Posts
exciting :)

·
RAWR ROAR RAWR
4,098 Posts
^^ pour cement to create concrete foundation

·
A Modern Architect
1,075 Posts
They probably need to add steel reinforcements under the soil where it is stable and highly unlikely to have an impact. This shouldnt have been a problem in the first place with soil testing in the area. Poor Engineering.

·
RAWR ROAR RAWR
4,098 Posts
^^ no poor design look at the soil it should be there in the first place and cost cutting

·
Registered
13,079 Posts
And also noticed that there are water stains (brown colour) running downwards along the column from the bridge beam - meaning there is water leakages & corrosion from above which shouldn't be there in the first place, hahaha !!!

·
Banned
12,343 Posts
Wow!!! That is scary! I thought they supposed to put some steel or steel reinforce concrete into the soil to create a foundation for the column.

·
RAWR ROAR RAWR
4,098 Posts
^^ south-east asia has a very big flood zone, cau an tho collapse due to the soil erroding a lot so they the guys cost cutted they didnt expect it to be sensitive. both bridges are from the same river flowing down from china

cau can tho costed US$100M extra, same thing here neglect, "dont worry unlikely" = boom,

building in flood land is needs a lot for consideration

1 - 20 of 37 Posts