SkyscraperCity banner

9361 - 9366 of 9366 Posts

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
How time flies!

It seems to be yesterday that I came across 'skyscraper city' forums accidently. While sitting in an office some where near to Pune and while browsing the company PC lazily. It was almost seven or eight years ago.

I was already an old man then. Retired from Goa. Working on contract for two years in Satara near Pune. I had no business to join SSC at that time and at that age.

But I joined seeing the enthusiasm of youngsters from various small towns of Kerala aspiring to become big cities. The enthusiasm of youngsters was understandable. They are seeing multi storey buildings sprouting up for the first time in their cities. It was a novelty to them. Sanjay Palayat from Kozhikode was the greatest of enthusiasts here. Followed by Aslesh from Kannur, Raufazi from Malappuram, Mahesh Ponneth from Thrissur, Reghu from Kollam and many from Kochi and Thiruvananthapuram. They were so passionate about their cities that they were coming to fisticuffs and abuses against each other on a daily basis.

I watched all these with amusement. By that time I have matured so much that I knew many ills of urbanisation first hand. I was also not enamoured by any tall buildings because I have travelled widely through out my life. I was quite sure all these youngsters would take a turn one day and become more matured for their views to converge with mine.

And it has happened as I expected. Many of the enthusiasts like Sanjay, Aslesh, Mahesh, Reghu and many others have lost interest totally. And there is no new generation to take up from them because a huge building in their city is no more any thing novel for these kids. Only some grown up kids are remaining here. Still their hopes pinned on a HSR or even a hyper loop, a metro in everybody's town, a smart city or an airport every 50 kms. Other wise SSC is practically dead.

This proves one thing. Any thing that goes round comes round. Nobody believed me when I said this long ago. Guys abused me. Insulted me. Called me names. Tried to intimidate me. But I was above all their tantrums.

What say now?

·
Registered
593 Posts

Kannur city police complex is under construction now.
When they’re planning to bifurcate the police district?
And where will the rural police HQ?

9361 - 9366 of 9366 Posts