Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I find it interesting how they're building around that big rock slab. When they first announced this project I was wondering how they were going to deal with it, I suppose now I know. I was wondering if they were gonna dynamite it or something, but it looks like they just build around it.

·
6,504 Posts
I'm curious of how the orientation of the building in the rendeirng up top relates to the last photo posted? If the ground floor going to be flush with the stone with entrances from the street, or will what sits on the stone be some auxillary part with the ground floor being at the street? A site plan would really help with this. Does the city put that kind of stuff online?

·
Registered
408 Posts
I'm curious of how the orientation of the building in the rendeirng up top relates to the last photo posted? If the ground floor going to be flush with the stone with entrances from the street, or will what sits on the stone be some auxillary part with the ground floor being at the street? A site plan would really help with this. Does the city put that kind of stuff online?
http://kcmo.gov/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/LoewsPresentationdeckforKCCityCouncil-2017-11-30.pdf

·
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have some more pics I took a couple weeks ago I'll post later, but here's a bit of tragic news out today related to this project. :(

J.E. Dunn construction worker falls 23 stories to his death at KC’s convention hotel
A construction worker with J.E. Dunn was killed Thursday morning when he fell 23 stories at the Loews convention hotel construction site in Kansas City’s Crossroads district, a spokesman for the Kansas City Fire Department said.

Emergency workers responded to the hotel that’s under construction about 10 a.m. in the 1500 block of Baltimore Avenue, said Deputy Chief/Chief Fire Marshal Jimmy Walker, a spokesman for the Kansas City Fire Department.

The worker was pronounced dead at the scene.

·
10,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
PRESIDENT OF SPACE
1,786 Posts
This is an exciting project to watch, KC hasn't gotten enough new glassy towers for a city of its size.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts