SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
3,555 Posts
^^ I agree with this. The new franchises I think will go to Seattle and Kansas City, and a team will relocate to Las Vegas. At least that's how I see it playing out.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Who do you see moving?
Can't see New Orleans staying in that market much longer. I hate to see any team move but NOLA is really a one horse town (Saints) town with everything else a minor distraction until they play again. Not sure who the other candidate would be but I'd be really surprised if the Pelicans lasted another 10-15 years there.

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Can't see New Orleans staying in that market much longer. I hate to see any team move but NOLA is really a one horse town (Saints) town with everything else a minor distraction until they play again. Not sure who the other candidate would be but I'd be really surprised if the Pelicans lasted another 10-15 years there.
I actually agree with this.

·
3,555 Posts
Yep! Just for the record I feel the same. New Orleans is the most likely team to relocate, though it'd be great if they stayed in market! Especially when you consider the fact that Charlotte got the hornets back. And again if they move I'd have to think that Vegas is the most likely landing spot.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Pelicans lease is up in 2024. And who knows if Tom Benson's wife has much interest owning the Pelicans. Especially when she could make a hell of a lot of money selling the franchise.

Moving Charlotte to NO was definitely one of the bigger blunders under David Stern's watch. And that move helped set in motion of Seattle to OKC when NO had to play in OKC for a season after Hurricane Katrina and got great fan support.

Even though they're 40 miles west, Kansas Jayhawks would probably still be kings of KC basketball talk even with an NBA team. Similar to Memphis.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts