Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
good combination of cityscape and natural scenery.

it was the capital of Japanese colonial Taiwan,(or was it Tainan?) but it doesnt look as japanese as Taipei.

what's the McDonald called in Taiwan? (In Chinese). it's too small in the picture, i cant read it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Sen said:
it was the capital of Japanese colonial Taiwan,(or was it Tainan?) but it doesnt look as japanese as Taipei.
It was Taipei (conlonial capital), but I heard Kaohsiung was designed by the same Japanese guy who also designed Sapporo.

btw, Thanks for sharing the pics.

-G'day-

·
Registered
10 Posts
Tainan was Taiwan's capital from the Dutch colonial period in 1600's to the late Qing Dynesty in 1800's.

The Japanese Government was going to move Taiwan's capital to Takao(Kaohsiung), but they lost the war, so the plan was not carried out.
Kaohsiung was the Southmost of the core Japanese lands(lands that had been Japanized long before WWII), but Kaohsiung was chosen because it was in the center of East and SE Asia. It was the center of the Japanese Empire in 1940s.

Now, the name "Kaohsiung" is in Mandarin pronouciation, but in Chinese characters the name is actualy from Japanese Kanji. It was named after a lovely mountain town called "Takao"(in Japanese) near Kyoto.

·
Registered
683 Posts
vant said:
Tainan was Taiwan's capital from the Dutch colonial period in 1600's to the late Qing Dynesty in 1800's.

The Japanese Government was going to move Taiwan's capital to Takao(Kaohsiung), but they lost the war, so the plan was not carried out.
Kaohsiung was the Southmost of the core Japanese lands(lands that had been Japanized long before WWII), but Kaohsiung was chosen because it was in the center of East and SE Asia. It was the center of the Japanese Empire in 1940s.

Now, the name "Kaohsiung" is in Mandarin pronouciation, but in Chinese characters the name is actualy from Japanese Kanji. It was named after a lovely mountain town called "Takao"(in Japanese) near Kyoto.
er..thanks for your information. yup, the position of kaohsiung is very important, and present-day kaohsiung is not bad.

·
Geili
944 Posts
vant said:

What's this?
I think this is totally against the neighborhood countries of Japan.
Nobody admit that map except for Japanese.

Taiwan is a part of China.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sen said:
good combination of cityscape and natural scenery.

what's the McDonald called in Taiwan? (In Chinese). it's too small in the picture, i cant read it.

http://www.mcdonalds.com.tw/

I think it's the same as China, not sure~~

Mcdonald started at China in 1990, now with 460 stores
Mcdonald started at Taiwan in 1983, now with 380 stores

·
Registered
10 Posts
ChinaboyUSA said:
What's this?
A map of "Japanese Empire in 1942"?

I think this is totally against the neighborhood countries of Japan.
Nobody admit that map except for Japanese.

Taiwan is a part of China.
The map doesn't say anything, but showing the lands under Japan's rule in "1942".
If I post a map Russian Empire or Mongol Empire, will that be against u? Since Mongol Empire conquered China too.
Do you represent all Asian people?
Also, do u have to mention that "Taiwan is a part of China" out of nowhere which may really offend some forumers here?
Come on... you just sound childish.

·
Geili
944 Posts
vant said:
A map of "Japanese Empire in 1942"?

The map doesn't say anything, but showing the lands under Japan's rule in "1942".
If I post a map Russian Empire or Mongol Empire, will that be against u? Since Mongol Empire conquered China too.
Do you represent all Asian people?
Also, do u have to mention that "Taiwan is a part of China" out of nowhere which may really offend some forumers here?
Come on... you just sound childish.
Yes, you sound like a slave of Japanese, is that true?

People in the United States think Taiwan is a part of China also,
and no need to say it is my right to say so.
TAIWAN IS A PART OF CHINA.

Think about this:
It is the same thing that you may make some local people in Hawaii feel offended when you say 'Hawaii is a part of the United States'
the fact is Hawaii is a part of the United States.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts