Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Karachi Tower II - 42 Floors

Project name: karach tower II

Architect : OJMR Architects

Floors: 42+flrs

Height : 210+

The 42-story tower was designed to add a slender landmark to the skyline of the Clifton Beach area of Karachi. The small limited site allowed for a tower with prominent front and back facades, but with smaller exposure from its sides. The narrow footprint allowed 4 units per floor, each with views of the Indian Ocean, while the core was located at the back of the tower to minimize views of adjacent older apartment buildings located beyond the rear of the site.

The residences include two and three-bedroom units, with the upper two floors reserved for penthouse units. Each unit has a large deck with a private spa. The roof level of the podium houses a private gym, spa, and pool deck for the residences. Office floors are located below the podium roof level, with a private entrance separated from the main lobby by a large translucent wall.

Render:

floor plan :

·
Architect
6,740 Posts
My post related to this project in Feb 2013.

A Highrise Project is U/C Next to West Wind Apartments towers, Clifton, Karachi.

Pillings & Excavations are taking place.
Here is the location:

^^ I have just this news that it will be highrise apartments.:cheers: Wait for more news, I hope it will just like Com3 & 70 Riviera.

Post by rockstar

My friend lives in West Wind and he said that West Wind will be extended to 30 floors
i said "tumhara dimagh kharab ho gaya hai" :p. But now i think he was talking about this project

·
Architect
6,740 Posts
^^ Search locations in wikimapia it will define you better. Adjacent buildings to this u/c building are West Wind Towers.

·
Architect
6,740 Posts
Karachi Tower II - 42 Floors

The 42-story tower was designed to add a slender landmark to the skyline of the Clifton Beach area of Karachi. The small limited site allowed for a tower with prominent front and back facades, but with smaller exposure from its sides. The narrow footprint allowed 4 units per floor, each with views of the Indian Ocean, while the core was located at the back of the tower to minimize views of adjacent older apartment buildings located beyond the rear of the site.
Indian Ocean??? :?

·
Registered
504 Posts
if its already UC for more thn one year it should be above ground by now or we can say its will also take 50 years to complete/halt?

·
Registered
561 Posts
May be a bit boring but overall it looks elegant.
That's what I meant. Sometimes cities need these types of towers, if you try making all the skyscrapers iconic then the skyline looks like a mess (dubai for example, it's hundreds of whacky towers of different shapes and sizes that look good alone but not as a skyline)

·
Registered
657 Posts
can anyone confirm whether this project's taken off the ground? because as mwahmed said it was supposed to start in 2013 so atleast the foundation or a couple floors might have completed. :)

1 - 20 of 573 Posts