SkyscraperCity banner

921 - 940 of 1331 Posts

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Karachi should first get the shape of highrises right. Most of highrise apartments in Karachi look like ugly boxes. Even dhaka is doing better in this regard. Here are some pics from dhaka cityscape thread. I'm actually surprised !

·
Registered
11,775 Posts
Karachi should first get the shape of highrises right. Most of highrise apartments in Karachi look like ugly boxes. Even dhaka is doing better in this regard. Here are some pics from dhaka cityscape thread. I'm actually surprised !

Jibon Bima by ASaber91, on Flickr
that's a replica Of PBC( Pakistan broadcasting Corporation) building :)

·
Registered
347 Posts
Lol Karachi has many beautiful looking buildings and this city Dhaka looks absolute mass just like Mumbai Karachi looks much more planned.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I agree Karachi is way better planned when compared to Dhaka and Mumbai. My criticism was only on the designs of apartment buildings in Karachi. Though it's improving but most of em are still super ugly.

·
16,372 Posts
Yes thats true, whenever my relatives from mumbai comes to Karachi they says that Karachi is much more planned than Mumbai, apart from this they also says that Mumbai is more developed than Karachi in terms of infrastructure and we all know that.

And I can't find any difference between the buildings from Dhaka you posted above with the Buildings in Karachi. Sharah e Faisal in Karachi is full of such types of highrisers.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Talking about this type of ugly designs

Dulara residency - alamgir road

vincy mall & residency , Clifton

Block-D north nazimabad.
saima comforts - north nazimabad

unknown? - north nazimabad

north nazimabad

north nazimabad

sharfabad

pechs block 3

14 fl building - Bahadurabad

Euro Group Apartment building in N.Nazimabad.

Looks same as renders.

Hope u ppl get my point now.

·
16,372 Posts
Yup these buildings are ugly but this isn't the problem with Karachi and Pakistan, this problem is with the whole Sub Continent. Infact Mumbai has many ugly Skyscrapers full of concrete and very less glass. Just look at the Mukesh Ambani's residence Antilia. Karachi is getting less Skyscraper proposals every year but thankfully Karachi isn't getting ugly Skyscraper proposals. Less In Quantity, High In Quality.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
those who are saying that karachi is well planned just need to come out of DHA clifton and visit many areas of north karachi, korangi and there very narrow streets

the planning and ugly buildings are not an issue, the issue is absense of local government and quality control

many people say soviet blocks are ugly but i personally find them nice since they kept a certain standards in maintaining theor towns and kept basic amenities of public in view in designing and maintaining them

as long as these blocks are properly maintained i have no issue demolishing them

the ugliness can be turned into beauty if we pay attention to their beautification

for instance the mayor of of jodhpur, rajhastan, india found his town ugly so he ordered to all paint them blue, now an ugly town looks very nice

regards

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
some people say soviet blocks look ugly, but to me they look fine since they are properly maintained

now see the same buildings and sorrounding not well maintained

·
Registered
4,062 Posts
Creek Vista looks pretty decent. Everyone has there own taste. All of the apartment buildings in Toronto would be ugly to you guys if you hold it up to these standards. Theres a difference between condos and apartments. Condo is floor to ceiling glass and beautiful designs which cost alot, apartments are cost effective high density housing which can vary in looks. The low rise apartments in Bahria Town Karachi are very simple yet good looking and I think Hammy might like then since they are laid out similar to Soviet blocks but just not as sad.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
there are two kinds of architecture in Pakistan

one for the poor

another for the rich/elite

the poor architecture follows ghetto style

the rich/elite follows european/western

there was no standardization of architecture

·
Registered
347 Posts
those who are saying that karachi is well planned just need to come out of DHA clifton and visit many areas of north karachi, korangi and there very narrow streets

the planning and ugly buildings are not an issue, the issue is absense of local government and quality control

many people say soviet blocks are ugly but i personally find them nice since they kept a certain standards in maintaining theor towns and kept basic amenities of public in view in designing and maintaining them

as long as these blocks are properly maintained i have no issue demolishing them

the ugliness can be turned into beauty if we pay attention to their beautification

for instance the mayor of of jodhpur, rajhastan, india found his town ugly so he ordered to all paint them blue, now an ugly town looks very nice

regards
Lmfao new Karachi north Karachi landhi korangi gulshan PECHS nazimanad azizabad fb area gulburg bahadurabad are very well planned areas it's just that old city lyari looks unplanned coz these areas are very populated
this also looks ugly to be honest

If these buildings look ugly than I'm soory mate you've some issue with your eyes 😲😲

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
I won't call them ugly but for the price they are asking they're average. That's how upper middle class apartments should look like in Karachi.

And hammy does have a point if u talk about city planning. Karachi infact was really well planned but due to bad governance for last decade illegal kachi abadis have popped up everywhere.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
there are two kinds of architecture in Pakistan

one for the poor

another for the rich/elite

the poor architecture follows ghetto style

the rich/elite follows european/western

there was no standardization of architecture
I very much agree with you. Our architecture speaks nothing. It has no identity of its own.

·
Registered
3,487 Posts
Creek Vista looks pretty decent. Everyone has there own taste. All of the apartment buildings in Toronto would be ugly to you guys if you hold it up to these standards. Theres a difference between condos and apartments. Condo is floor to ceiling glass and beautiful designs which cost alot, apartments are cost effective high density housing which can vary in looks. The low rise apartments in Bahria Town Karachi are very simple yet good looking and I think Hammy might like then since they are laid out similar to Soviet blocks but just not as sad.
Yup those bahria town apartments are quite better than what's going on in rest of the city.

921 - 940 of 1331 Posts